Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I have nail polish remover damage on my table. I need help touching it up. I called a professional, too expensive.

Linda from Fort Worth

Answers:

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I used nail polish remover to clean the stains my daughter left behind with nail polish. I got a huge area of cloudy white stain. I followed the advice here - put a dab of mayo and rub in some ashes and just use a sponge to rub into the stain. It sure looks much better.

Thank you so much! I couldn't sleep all night because of my stupid mistake. (10/20/2007)

By bbtmom

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I was just soaking my nails in nail polish remover to get my acrylic nails off and I just spilled the whole bottle on my mom's wooden table, I quickly tried to get if off w/ a towel, and it ends up taking the finish off of the wood. I panicked and waited for my parents to leave and I went to go get wood
re-finisher and lightly dabbed some on the spots. It looks a little better, still noticeable though. (12/05/2007)

By EEK!

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

We put mayo just let it sit there. Your table might smell like mayo, but it gives it a glossy shine and it works. (01/05/2008)

By Nicole

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Mayonnaise doesn't work. I tried 'colron repair, ring remover'. Leave on for about half an hour and it works. Stain is totally gone. (01/29/2008)

By Sarah

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Mayo worked for me, left it on 30 minutes, wiped it off, and presto, the mark is gone. (03/07/2008)

By carol

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Use mayo! (06/14/2008)

By random guy

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Here is what worked for me after I spilled nail polish remover all over my beautiful wooden table:

First, I mixed ammonia with hot water and washed the table with it, squeezing extra water over the stains. Then, I used a steel wool pad to scrub the stains, which seemed to help clear them up. After everything had been scrubbed well, I cleaned the table again with the ammonia and water. Once it was dry, I dribbled baby oil over the places where the stains were and let it sit there for an hour before wiping it up. The table looks great, and I thought it had been ruined.

I hope this helps someone else in that situation.
(07/22/2008)

By Elizabeth

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I put a bottle of nail polish remover on the dining room table earlier and it made a mark and I panicked and put it on another part of the table and it made another mark.....bad. I tried the mayo and it worked. Though it has not got rid of the mark completely. Oh well. My mum is cool with it. Try the mayo trick though. IT WORKS! (10/26/2008)

A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎄
🍂