Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

My daughter spilled nail polish remover (acetone) on my kitchen table, and then wiped it up. My table now has a large cloudy, rough area where the remover ate through the finish on the wood table. Are there any ideas on how to fix this, or am I stuck replacing this table or having it refinished? Help, the table is only 1 1/2 years old!

Angela

Answers:

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Try rubbing cigarette ashes with a dab of mayonnaise on it. (06/22/2005)

By Joanne

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I have a bedroom dresser that also has nail polish remover damage on it. I called a furniture refinisher, who came to my home & he said that he would have to wet sand it & then refinish the top of the bureau so as to make it all the same color @ a cost of $150. I decided to put a bureau scarf on the area. Can you use a tablecloth? Or do you have a lot of elbow grease to sand the top of the table? In any event, good luck (06/22/2005)

By joesgirl

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Let mayonnaise sit on it for about an hour, wipe off and the put 2 or 3 paper towels folded in half on top of the mark and then run an iron over top a few times. Lift the paper towel to see if there is any change. If it is just starting then continue ironing and after about 4 strokes over the spot look under the paper towel to check progress. (11/30/2005)

By HLFike

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I just split nail polish remover on my boyfriends coffee table! I am trying the mayo trick. Hope it works! I hope he still has some Christmas spirit left. (12/26/2005)

By Jess

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I just used the ashes with a dab of mayo and it looks 100% better, it's not completely gone but it's also not completely noticeable like it was. Thanks for the tip. (08/18/2006)

By

history of Nail polish remover

I was wondering if anyone knew the history of nail polish remover, like when nail polish remover was first used, and what was the reason for using the product.

Editor's Note: Nail polish remover is made of acetone or a non acetone solvent. It was first developed (polish remover) to remove nail polish but the chemicals in it have been used as solvents for much longer.

I'd look up acetone and the other ingredients in nail polish remover and look them up individually. (12/03/2006)

By Sona

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Where do you get these ideas? ashes? (12/16/2006)

By You people

Mom's mad at me

I accidentally spilt nail polish remover on my mom's dresser, which is wood, and she was so mad, and I don't know what to do. Please help me. (03/12/2007)

By Angelica.

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Oh my gosh, I was freaking out but I just tried the mayo and ashes trick on my coffee table because I spilled nail polish remover at it is already making a difference after a few minutes. Thanks so much! This is the only place I found that had any advice other than getting the table refinished. Its amazing! (06/16/2007)

By Christy

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Try washing it with hot water and soap a few times so the remover doesn't sink farther into the wood. If that doesn't work than try mayo. (06/20/2007)

By bobo

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Can someone clarify the cleaning of the nail polish remover from the surface of a wooden coffee table. I read above to use mayo and ashes, but how EXACTLY do you use it?

PLEASE, someone help me. This seems to be the most useful website I have found yet. (07/09/2007)

By Tina

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Hello my daughter spilled nail polish remover on my 6 mos. old wood table help. (07/10/2007)

By jenny

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

Oh, oh. I should have looked at this site first. My daughter spilled nail polish on the table, and I used nail polish remover to remove it. It removed the nail polish and the finish, now I have a huge cloudy stain on my table, and still hiding it from my husband. (08/28/2007)

By Kerry

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I have accidentally put nail polish remover on my microwave oven. It formed white cloudy patches on the black plastic as well as silver colored body. How do I remove them? Does someone has any tip?

(09/06/2007)

By Vish

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

My mom bought a brand new white gloss table which cost in and around £500. I actually put pen on it before, and I panicked and put white nail tip nail polish on top. I'm scared to try anything else, and after many attempts to cover it up, my mom found out and I'm grounded for two weeks. (09/16/2007)

By Anna

Nail Polish Remover Spilt on Table

I also have nail polish remover damage on my kitchen table. How can I touch it up? (10/08/2007)

By Linda

A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎄
🍂