Nail Polish Stains on Clothing

Have you ever had a bad nail polish stain? Well, I got a very bad one on my brand new shirt. I was very mad! So I called my aunt and she didn't know what to do, but suggested that I spray hairspray on it and rub it with my nail. So that's what I did, and it came out. It was 100% cotton and it didn't ruin the fabric. So I would just spray on some hairspray to get it out. If you're looking for a brand, it was Aussie.

Source: My Aunt

By packrat from Kirksville, MO

Answers:

Nail Polish Stains on Clothing

I just used Goo-Gone Extreme Remover and it worked very well; nail polish remover, hair spray, bug spray, and goo-off didn't do a thing to my sweater. (09/28/2009)

By flvia122

Nail Polish Stains on Clothing

Well, I just painted my nails in red and found out that 3 hours later I had wiped my finger on my brand new 100% cotton t-shirt that I was wearing. I felt so bad, as it cost a bit. So, after using acetone nail polish remover which I had no luck with instead just finding that it was spreading it even more, I then used a stain remover called preen which started to get a little bit of it off. I then phoned my grandma who said to try hairspray and then insect repellent and rub which I did and repeated 4 time and the stain came right out. So my day could continue. :-) (01/20/2010)

By lozenja01