Nail Polish on Carpet

My ferret spilled blue nail polish on my beige carpet! How can I get it out? I tried nail polish remover but it didn't help. Can anyone help?

Dana from PA

Nail Polish on Carpet

My lil one just spilled her red nail polish on my tan carpet! I sprayed it with shaving cream and let it sit for a couple minutes and wiped it up with a towel! I can't see it anymore! (05/25/2006)

By Candis

I spilt hot pink nail polish on are carpet so we used nail polish remover, windex, shaving cream, and water. Now you can barely see it. (06/04/2006)

By Tiana

Nail Polish on Carpet

My granddaughter spilled black nail polish in the center of a berber carpet just as they were leaving the house for work/camp. My daughter only had time to blot it up with paper towels. She called me from work, asking what could be done. Thriftyfun to the rescue! I printed out this question and its responses. She used Windex, and the stain came out. Thank you on her behalf.

By jean

Nail Polish: Awesome & Elbow Grease

I faced this challenge after 16 month old son dropped & broke a bottle of dark burgundy nail polish on beige carpet which also splashed onto computer case & USB port as well. On the carpet, first I tried nail polish remover & it wasn't working fast enough. We didn't have the name brand "Windex." Ran to the Dollar Tree & bought some "LA's Awesome" mentioned in a previous post. With hot water, old rag, lots of elbow grease, Prayer and the "Awesome" it came out in about 30 minutes_ of Spray, scrub, pat, Spray, scrub, pat. Computer: just used the nail polish remover, q-tips, and all is well. Hope this helps someone. Thanks Thrifty Fun! (08/26/2006)

By Kelly

Nail Polish on Carpet

I spilled pink nail polish 3 months ago, in the office of a rental property I was renting. With over $1500 at stake, I was in desperate need of divine intervention. So, I went to work, well my husband tried to help, but he almost managed to set the house a fire, by using gasoline! Anyway, I pulled out the shampooer, pulled up the fatal liquid and fumes and sought "Google, " were I found all of your advice. Using a combination of the Windex, WD-40, Carpet Detergent, Nail Polish Remover and prayer.The Landlord's cream carpet is almost as good as new, at least it's not noticeable. Your advice saved me my $1500 rental deposit, replacement of the carpet and frustration.

Thanks so much,

God Bless! (08/29/2006)

By Eric

Hair-spay and Windex

My daughter spilled half a bottle of red nail polish on our NEW tan carpet! AFter panicking, I read the entries on this website and ended up getting it out with hairspray and windex. It took some elbow grease but it worked! THANK GOODNESS! My husband would've blown a gasket! (09/28/2006)

By Caroline

Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture