Nail Polish on Carpet

How do I remove fingernail polish from carpet?

By sandra4397 from Omaha, NE

Nail Polish on Carpet

Nail polish remover or acetone gets it out of carpet, and anything made of cloth. I prefer acetone. It is what takes off the acrylic nails. At Walmart there is usually a big bottle cheap where they sell the nail remover. It won't bleach or stain your carpet or cloth stuff.

One night I came home my hubby had fallen asleep, but my daughter who was 3 at the time was still awake. She played possum when my husband went to sleep. When I got home at 12:30 midnight, she was not only still awake, but she had nail polish all over herself, her pajamas, and the carpet in her room. She had taken a chair climbed up on the sink counter, and she had a small stool on the counter, and unlocked the cabinet in the bathroom where she found a haven of nail polish.

Anyway, I took her to Walmart with me, and I got some acetone. I got home and used that. I just poured that stuff on the places in the carpet where the nail polish was. It just disappeared in seconds. It was cool. I did the same thing to my daughter's pajamas. It works good. Oh you don't have to scrub at all. It didn't hurt my carpet. If nail polish remover doesn't work try acetone; it works great. (08/21/2009)

By Treads04

Nail Polish on Carpet

You people are awesome. Pink nail polish on cream carpet 12 hours old, and shaving cream got it out. Whew! Thanks bunches. (04/03/2010)

By klynn1721

Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture