Nativity Scene Craft Ideas

This popular decoration for the Christmas holiday can be created at home. This guide is about nativity scene crafts.

December 12, 2006 Flag

Here is my nativity stable my husband put together. He made it out of skids sitting up on end and put wafer board around the sides.

Below is a daytime shot of it.

By Dorothy from Friedens, PA

Outdoor Christmas Outdoor Christmas

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is a place where you can order a replacement. http://www.seasonsla.com/14760RB.html

wow thats is soooooooooooooooooooooo perrty

Read More Comments...

December 4, 2006 Flag

I got these little wooden nativity scene cutouts from Oriental Trading last season after Christmas. I re-found them this year, and decided to paint them up. Well, I didn't have enough paint colors, so I switched to markers and finished them up. They were originally ornaments, so I cut off the strings on top, and made this little diorama because we don't have a nativity scene to put under the tree.

I took a smallish cardboard box, cut the top and pieced it together to make it arched at the top. I then used a glue gun to arrange all the little figures in a scene, and made sure to cover up any logos or mailing info on the box. I did that by cutting up a small paper lunch bag and gluing it on top of the logos and such.

I'm really proud of the way this turned out! I might add a bit of raffia to make it look more "barn-like", but I'm really happy with the way it looks now as well!

By Jackie from Feasterville, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

i agree

thank you for sharing

Good idea. Cute.

Read More Comments...

December 21, 2010 Flag

To make this train station and town with a nativity set, you will need a sheet of plywood (4 x 8 feet) placed on two carpentry horses and covered with green felt cloth. Do your train set and add the houses and stores that you wish, like I did. Add roads by using sand in and out of the train set. Add ornaments, light posts, greenery, and place cars on the road. Now place the the nativity set wherever you wish, and finally add Christmas lights around. I did this for my grand-kids and they love it.

By WILLIEQ from Richmond, VA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great job. Thanks for sharing.

December 18, 2007 Flag

I was thinking I wanted to make a nativity when I saw my husband's empty medicine bottles. I thought these would make neat people. Then the idea came to me.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Supplies

Instructions

First paint the bottles desired color. Let dry. Paint the wooden balls flesh color. Let dry. Paint the lid.

Draw faces on balls. Turn bottles upside down. Glue a ball to each bottle. Glue the other ball to a cotton ball.

Make a garment for the figures. Make a swaddling blanket for the baby. Put shredded paper in lid. Glue baby to lid.

By Melissa from Bessemer City, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What a wonderful idea! Very adorable. You have a creative mind to look at a medicine bottle and come up with this idea. Linda Jonson

Crafts Christmas DecorationsOctober 28, 2012
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Nativity made from clay pots.
Making a Clay Pot Nativity
Decorated Mug
Decorating Dishes
hanging snowman decoration
Making a Winter Snowman Scene
🎉
🎄