Nativity Scene Craft Ideas

This popular decoration for the Christmas holiday can be created at home. This guide is about nativity scene crafts.

December 12, 2006 Flag

Here is my nativity stable my husband put together. He made it out of skids sitting up on end and put wafer board around the sides.

Below is a daytime shot of it.

By Dorothy from Friedens, PA

Outdoor Christmas Outdoor Christmas

Happy Birthday, Jesus! God bless you for not being ashamed of Him or to display this on the day we celebrate His birth. : )

Very special!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Blessings to you and your special talent!

Hi-Although I might have joked about it as a teen, I never held Our Lord for ransom. Sadly, some prankster teens did swipe our Baby Jesus (purchased from BJ's wholesale club as a four piece set-plastic poly compound of sorts). I cannot seem to find a replacement and would love any ideas. I guess I could look a the correct sized doll in a store and "swaddle" it. ldcmarie @ yahoo.

Here is a place where you can order a replacement.

December 4, 2006 Flag
Nativity Scene from Ornaments

I got these little wooden nativity scene cutouts from Oriental Trading last season after Christmas. I re-found them this year, and decided to paint them up. Well, I didn't have enough paint colors, so I switched to markers and finished them up. They were originally ornaments, so I cut off the strings on top, and made this little diorama because we don't have a nativity scene to put under the tree.

I took a smallish cardboard box, cut the top and pieced it together to make it arched at the top. I then used a glue gun to arrange all the little figures in a scene, and made sure to cover up any logos or mailing info on the box. I did that by cutting up a small paper lunch bag and gluing it on top of the logos and such.

I'm really proud of the way this turned out! I might add a bit of raffia to make it look more "barn-like", but I'm really happy with the way it looks now as well!

By Jackie from Feasterville, PA

How adorable...and creative of you! I love it!

i agree

thank you for sharing

Good idea. Cute.

December 21, 2010 Flag

To make this train station and town with a nativity set, you will need a sheet of plywood (4 x 8 feet) placed on two carpentry horses and covered with green felt cloth.

Train Village with Nativity Scene

December 18, 2007 Flag

Nativity Made From Medicine BottlesI was thinking I wanted to make a nativity when I saw my husband's empty medicine bottles. I thought these would make neat people. Then the idea came to me.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

First paint the bottles desired color. Let dry. Paint the wooden balls flesh color. Let dry. Paint the lid.

Draw faces on balls. Turn bottles upside down. Glue a ball to each bottle. Glue the other ball to a cotton ball.

Make a garment for the figures. Make a swaddling blanket for the baby. Put shredded paper in lid. Glue baby to lid.

By Melissa from Bessemer City, NC

What a wonderful idea! Very adorable. You have a creative mind to look at a medicine bottle and come up with this idea. Linda Jonson

Crafts Christmas DecorationsOctober 28, 2012
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Paper Plate Snow Globe
Making a Paper Plate Snow Globe
Nativity made from clay pots.
Making a Clay Pot Nativity
hanging snowman decoration
Making a Winter Snowman Scene