Nativity Scene Craft Ideas

This popular decoration for the Christmas holiday can be created at home. This guide is about nativity scene crafts.

December 4, 2006 Flag

I got these little wooden nativity scene cutouts from Oriental Trading last season after Christmas. I re-found them this year, and decided to paint them up. Well, I didn't have enough paint colors, so I switched to markers and finished them up. They were originally ornaments, so I cut off the strings on top, and made this little diorama because we don't have a nativity scene to put under the tree.

I took a smallish cardboard box, cut the top and pieced it together to make it arched at the top. I then used a glue gun to arrange all the little figures in a scene, and made sure to cover up any logos or mailing info on the box. I did that by cutting up a small paper lunch bag and gluing it on top of the logos and such.

I'm really proud of the way this turned out! I might add a bit of raffia to make it look more "barn-like", but I'm really happy with the way it looks now as well!

By Jackie from Feasterville, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

i agree

thank you for sharing

December 18, 2007 Flag

I was thinking I wanted to make a nativity when I saw my husband's empty medicine bottles. I thought these would make neat people. Then the idea came to me.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Supplies

Instructions

First paint the bottles desired color. Let dry. Paint the wooden balls flesh color. Let dry. Paint the lid.

Draw faces on balls. Turn bottles upside down. Glue a ball to each bottle. Glue the other ball to a cotton ball.

Make a garment for the figures. Make a swaddling blanket for the baby. Put shredded paper in lid. Glue baby to lid.

By Melissa from Bessemer City, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What a wonderful idea! Very adorable. You have a creative mind to look at a medicine bottle and come up with this idea. Linda Jonson

November 14, 2015 Flag

I used to make the nativity snow globes with my Sunday school class. Do you know where I can find those mini nativity scenes? The craft store where I bought them has closed. The pic below is one made into a clear glass ornament.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 26, 2012 Flag

Does anyone have any ideas for simple Nativity scene crafts to make and sell for a church bazaar? I work better in fabric, yarn, and felt materials. Other religious craft ideas would be appreciated, also.

By Laura J.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

December 12, 2006 Flag

Here is my nativity stable my husband put together. He made it out of skids sitting up on end and put wafer board around the sides.

Below is a daytime shot of it.

By Dorothy from Friedens, PA

Outdoor Christmas

Outdoor Christmas

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Here is a place where you can order a replacement. http://www.seas  com/14760RB.html

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

December 21, 2010 Flag

To make this train station and town with a nativity set, you will need a sheet of plywood (4 x 8 feet) placed on two carpentry horses and covered with green felt cloth. Do your train set and add the houses and stores that you wish, like I did. Add roads by using sand in and out of the train set. Add ornaments, light posts, greenery, and place cars on the road. Now place the the nativity set wherever you wish, and finally add Christmas lights around. I did this for my grand-kids and they love it.

By WILLIEQ from Richmond, VA

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great job. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes
Crafts Christmas DecorationsOctober 28, 2012
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Nativity made from clay pots.
Making a Clay Pot Nativity
Decorated Mug
Decorating Dishes
hanging snowman decoration
Making a Winter Snowman Scene
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:04:28 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.