Natural Flea Remedy

I'm looking for a natural flea control.

By funtee from Leroy, MI

Natural Flea Remedy

I've been raising Australian Shepherds for eight years and all my dogs get Brewers Yeast tablets with garlic. I swear by this stuff. I started giving it to deter shedding, but found it is a natural pest deterrent. Fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes will not bite a dog that tastes like garlic. This way you don't have to use poisons on your dogs or cats such as flea products, wormers or heartworm meds. It does take about a month to start noticing a difference, the garlic has to build up in their system.

I love this stuff so much that I've started my horses on something called Bug Check. This is also all natural, has the garlic for keeping bugs away and after three weeks I have seen a major difference. The bugs are leaving my horses alone, and there are less flies around since it discourages them from breeding in the horse manure. I buy my tablets for my dogs from UPCO, because I get a container of 5000 which lasts me a while (I have nine dogs) and the Bug Check is cheapest from KVvet. (08/07/2009)

By bsmoreland

Natural Flea Remedy

Years ago I got a kitten from a neighbor who had tried everything under the sun to get this kitten and her mother free from ticks, fleas, and mites. At my house the kitten got raw liver once and next day her eyes were without mites. I have since given raw liver from time to time to my cats and dogs and never have had a parasite problem, even though my cats bring home squirrels and mice.

As for your asthmatic daughter, animals are a problem only if animals are the problem. My son is severely allergic to citrus fruits and had asthma attacks until we found that out. If we had gotten rid of our animals as the doctors told us it would not have helped with his asthma. (08/11/2009)

By Reginainqc

Natural Flea Remedy

I have two Pit Bulls and you won't find a flea on them. I do the following; they each get two garlic gel caps every morning. I wash them in lemon scented dish detergent (hard to find Dawn, so I use Joy) and at least two to three times a week I will give them water with apple cider vinegar in it. About a teaspoon to a quart of water. Hope this helps.

Debonaire (08/15/2009)

By debonaire

Natural Flea Remedy
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
dog with fleas
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Reviews
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 16, 2016 at 8:13:51 AM on in 880 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.