Natural Medication for Eczema

Does anyone know of an all natural medication for eczema? I have it pretty bad on the bottom of my foot. I have cream from my dermatologist and it helps some but this stuff never goes away. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sherry from Winter Haven, FL

Answers:

Natural Medication for Eczema

The best things I ever used for eczema were creams that had pine tar or coal tar. They sound like they would be real harsh but they're actually very gentle and soothing. I used to find these in health food stores. (11/26/2007)

By perfume and powder

Natural Medication for Eczema

Just do a search on this Website for Eczema. There are a few threads. My personal suggestion is beeswaxskincream.com by Alfred Taylor. I buy this locally and it is my favorite everyday hand cream, face cream, lipblam, etc. I also gave some to my dil for the baby's diaper rash. There is no scent or taste (when using it as a lip moisturizer). It is a "must have" for me.
It says:
"If you have Eczema or Psoriasis, We can STOP the ITCHING and the PAIN"
(11/26/2007)

By Joycer

Natural Medication for Eczema

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll definitely give these a shot. (11/27/2007)

By nana6x

Natural Medication for Eczema

I make an herbal salve which has apparently cured my friend's sister's psoriasis and she had tried EVERYTHING including lots of meds! I find it works on ANYTHING and is inexpensive to make. ALl my friends and family have this and they come running to me for more when their supply runs out. It's the best all purpose salve out there! Here is how you make it: (you can buy herbs at a healthfood store)

• 1 cup olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. dried comfrey leaf
  • 1 Tbsp. dried St-John's Wort
  • 1 Tbsp. dried Calendula Petals
  • 1 Tbsp. dried plantain leaf
  • 1 Tbps. dried lavender (optional but good for burns)
  • Beeswax
Heat oil in a saucepan. Once oil is hot (but not scorching!), take off heat, add herbs and let sit several hours. Strain herbs, place pot back on stove on lowest heat, then add enough beeswax (try 1 tbsp grated beeswax to start). Test thickness by putting a few drops in the freezer for a minute. Add more beeswax if needed. Store in recycled baby food jars, empty film canisters or other small jars you have handy. Also makes great gifts!

(11/30/2007)

By Lisa

Natural Medication for Eczema

This may sound crazy, but I bought my hubby some dog shampoo with pine tar in it. He rubbed it in like a cream and it works!
(11/30/2007)

By nancycorinne

Natural Medication for Eczema

I have had great luck with the relief cream that I buy on line at http://www.aloetherapy.com It is made with whole leaf Aloe and also has some tree tea oil in it along with other herbs. (12/01/2007)

By jmouse13

Natural Medication for Eczema

Hello, I work for a catalog wellness company that has wonderful products that are safe for your family and home, cheaper then going to a health store and they work. There are changes you have to make to get rid of your Eczema and we have the products to make that happen. There is no risk involved we give you a 100% money back guarentee if the products don't work. If you would like more information, please contact me at Jpcasino17 AT aol.com for more information. (12/01/2007)

By margret57

Natural Medication for Eczema

You're going to think I'm crazy, but try sour cream. Put it on, prop your feet up and relax for about 30 minutes a day. Put a towel under where your feet are so you won't have a mess. You should see improvement in about a week to 10 days.
(12/01/2007)

By Sandy

Natural Medication for Eczema

Your eczema will most likely never go away. I have good luck with the prescription med from my dermatologist. Try to keep your feet dry and not sweaty. I find water makes my hands worse. Also, I've had good luck with Vaseline. Try that. Be careful with what you put on your feet as you may be allergic to the preservatives in lotions, etc as I am. They will only make it worse. Use all cotton socks.. white is best. (12/03/2007)

By Carol in PA

Natural Medication for Eczema

People who have luck with tar products probably have psoriasis rather than eczema.Don't use powder on your feet because you may be allergic to substances in that product. Use cornstarch on your feet like powder to keep them dry. Any type of moisture from sweat, etc will make your condition worse. Go back to the dermatologist and tell him the med he prescribed for you doesn't work. (12/03/2007)

By Carol in PA

Natural Medication for Eczema

My daughter has had a problem with eczema for several years. She went to a dermatologist, tried some prescribed meds, but nothing gave her any relief. When shopping one day, I found a product called "Dermarest Eczema Cream" and gave it to her to try. It helped her a lot immediately and she continues to use it regularly a couple years later to keep it under control. They also have a formula for psoriasis. Meijer is the only store where she can currently find it in her area - I originally found it at a WalMart store in another part of Indiana from where we live. (12/03/2007)

By Sharon

Natural Medication for Eczema

ViDoma Naturals, Herbaluna Naturals have fairly good ingredients, and Telbari Eczema Cream seems OK. Tea tree oil, jojoba oil, lavender, aloe vera gel and herbs could be put together easily from online info, and longchain omega3 fatty acids internally. (12/17/2007)

By PE

Natural Medication for Eczema

There are different types of eczema which need to be treated differently. I went through several years of pain before I figured it out. Several doctors told me mine was called contact dermatitis and usually caused by an allergy to metals or putting my hands in water (washing, doing dishes, taking baths, etc) and being allergic to the soaps/cleaners. It wasn't. I found out that I had extreme sensitivity to wheat and dairy, and it causes me major problems. Anyway, when I stay away from them, I have no problems. When I eat something that has them in it, I break out again. Food allergies do not always show up in tests, so you might have to do some detective work on your own. Oily/greasy things like ointments (even prescription) make mine so much worse. (12/21/2007)

By susanmajp

Natural Medication for Eczema

Using Turmeric pills do heal/treat skin conditions from the inside. There is information pro and con on the internet so do some research. (05/19/2009)

By abc8xyz

Hand with eczema rash
Remedies for Eczema
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
cat
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
A puppy scratching at fleas.
Giving Medication to Pets
A dog with a thermometer in his mouth.
Keeping Track of Pet Medication
🎄