Natural Mosquito Repellent

I have good natural homemade recipes for bites and stings. Can anyone help with a natural recipe for prevention of mosquito bites?

By H.Arnott from Manchester, UK

Answers:

Natural Mosquito Repellent

I've used just about every home remedy suggested, and have not found one of them that works. Specifically I have tried Avon Skin-So-Soft, Bounce dryer sheets, olive oil, vanilla extract, Vicks VapoRub, amber Listerine, and a host of others that I can't remember at this time. They work for others, but not for me for some reason; I don't know if it's because of my blood type, or any other reason. The only thing that I have found to work for me is Deep-Woods Off!, which I don't like to use because if I use it more than once or twice, I break out in hives; and a product made by Avon, a combination of sunscreen and mosquito repellent all in one.

One of the home remedies mentioned might work for you, just give them a try one by one, and see what happens. What works for some, doesn't necessarily work for others for some reason. Good luck to you. (08/20/2009)

By one.of.a.kind

Natural Mosquito Repellent

Chamomile tea. I make it strong and put it in a spray bottle. I can even spray face and ears. It works for me. I've seen mosquitoes come within a centimeter of my skin and turn around and leave. (08/20/2009)

By Cantate