Natural Oven Cleaner
I had been using conventional oven cleaner for years and then discovered the way my granny probably cleaned hers. It's a tip for young people and some old like myself who got stuck into the habit of thinking you have to buy everything. It's the best way to clean out the oven. I think it's a no brainer to use natural ingredients in something you use to cook food. And it works so good on my oven. It even cleans and freshens the washing cloth you use to clean it with so you can reuse that again.
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar, enough to make a paste
- scrubbing pad
- cleaning cloth
- Make paste and spread on the entire area to clean.
- Leave paste on for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Start with the scrubbing pad and it should come off easily; if it doesn't add more baking soda to make more it more abrasive.
- Then wash off with clear clean water, wipe with cloth, and finish off with a paper towel, if you like.
Thanks Janine for this recipe for cleaning my oven. I am not allowed to use harsh chemicals due to a lung disease. This recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
In This Article
More to Explore
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on April 21, 2016 at 8:03:44 PM on 10.0.2.248 in 670 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us