Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

What's the best natural way to 'depuff' eye bags?

Rikku from Manila, Philippines

Answers:

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Tea bags (02/12/2008)

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Cucumber slices and used, wet teabags (black tea). Place on eyes and rest for 15 minutes. Rinse your face to remove residue. Cornflower water is supposed to be good also. You can get this product from Caswell Massey (www.caswellmassey.com). I've been dealing with them for over 30 years. Their service is great. You should check out their site just for the fun of it, it's one of the prettiest! (02/12/2008)

By perfume and powder

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Pat a small dab of hemorrhoid cream on area under eyes until it disappears, making sure not to get into eyes. Works wonders on shrinking the bags. (02/13/2008)

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Dab with a cotton ball dipped in witch hazel. (02/13/2008)

By siris

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Use Preparation H. I've used it for years! No joke, it really works and is quite safe. (02/14/2008)

By Kings Kid

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Just wondering would it help wrinkles around the eyes too? Eye cream is so expensive. If it helps bags, then it may help my crows feet, any suggestions about that please? (02/14/2008)

By cett

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

This was on cnn.com just last week:

An anti-inflammatory topical steroid that shrinks swollen tissue by constricting blood vessels, hydrocortisone is often used to stop the itching caused by chronic skin conditions like eczema and contact dermatitis, and it's also an ingredient in vaginal and hemorrhoidal creams. OTC topical steroids can contain just 1 percent hydrocortisone, which should be safe, says Dina D. Strachan, M.D., a dermatologist in private practice in New York City.

Be careful, though, when applying the creams to sensitive spots such as the eyelids, armpits, and groin (all places where eczema, rashes, and allergic reactions are particularly common). In these locations, skin is thinner and more folds exist, so skin hits skin often, which can cause medications to penetrate more deeply. These areas are also prone to stretch marks, irritation, hypopigmentation (lightening), and "a crinkly, cigarette-paper appearance," Strachan explains -- a good reason to avoid that old beauty-queen trick of using hemorrhoidal cream to de-puff eye bags, experts say. In fact, last year the makers of Preparation H issued a warning cautioning consumers to avoid applying hemorrhoid cream to the face. (02/14/2008)

By QueenBeeCrafts

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Bags under the eyes are not fun at all. I have natural bags under my eyes but I also have trouble sleeping at night, making them look even worse! My mother told me to try cucumber slices over each eye. Not only did they lighten the bags, they also made my eyes feel more rested and less strained. (02/16/2008)

By Elsee

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

Another remedy is to put a tableware spoon in the freezer for 5 to 15 minutes (just enough to get it 'really' cold), then take it out of freezer - lie down and put on under-eye bags. It's supposed to shrink those bags almost immediately! I haven't tried this method yet, just remember reading about it a few years back.

Also, you used to could buy an eye mask with gel enclosed inside it in the Health and Beauty Aids section of pharmacies. I do have one of those and keep it in my refrigerator in a Ziploc bag. It works wonderfully when needed. Try Walgreen's, Walmart, K-Mart, Rite-Aid or other stores and you may be able to locate one. Good Luck! (02/23/2008)

By 1burrell

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

To reduce puffiness and dark areas under my eyes, I use the Galvanic Spa from Nu Skin Enterprises. It also helps tighten and tone my face and decrease lines and wrinkles. It works great in just 10 minutes a couple times a week. (03/06/2008)

By BB's Mom

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

I like to use the used tea bag treatment and put them in the fridge for just a little bit and then lie back and relax. I would also like to find a cheaper eye cream because even the cheap ones are not cheap. (03/20/2008)

By Mickelle Hollars

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

I second that. Used cold, tea bags all the way! (05/01/2008)

Natural Remedy for Bags Under Eyes

I vote for a dab of witch hazel under your eye cream! But if my eyes get hopelessly itchy and swollen from allergies, I use cold black tea compresses to calm them down. It's the only thing that works at that point. (05/23/2008)

By pamphyila

Woman massaging her eyes
Remedies for Bags Under Your Eyes
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
🎉
🎄