Natural Repellent for Squirrels

There are a lot of squirrels near my house. They eat my flowers, tulips, and even open a hole to put a peanut or 2 in the flower pot. I need a good homemade repellent, but I do not want to harm the animal nor my garden. Thank you for your help.

By Luz from Canada

Answers:

Natural Repellent for Squirrels

Chili powder or hot pepper sauce does keep them away, but you have to keep reapplying it which can be a nuisance. I've heard that they don't like digging in rough gravel, either, so you might consider that or some sort of hard mulch for your beds. They seem to like the softer dirt to dig in, which unfortunately is why our flower beds are so popular with the varmints. (05/17/2010)

By Tapestry Lady

Natural Repellent for Squirrels

I don't think any of the repellents will work. What I did was buy a Havaheart trap. Bait it with some seeds. When the squirrel is trapped I move it about 10 miles away and release it. (05/18/2010)

By foxrun41

Natural Repellent for Squirrels
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
🎄