Natural Weed Killer

My neighbor has weeds that are so high that they are starting to cover my fence. I have two big dogs and don't want them sick. Can you give me a recipe for a good, safe weed killer?

Natural Weed Killer Recipe

• 2 squirts liquid dish detergent
  • 1 gallon vinegar
  • 1 lb. salt

Stir salt in just enough water to dissolve. Add rest of ingredients after the salt dissolves or the salt will clog your sprayer. Also, do not spray this mixture anywhere that you might want to grow anything in the future.

By T.H. (03/29/2005)

Natural Weed Killer Recipe

You need to boil that down to concentrate it. Regular store bought vinegar is diluted way too much and you might as well fertilize your driveway. That recipe seems to activate dormant weed seeds. It sure did on my driveway.

Simmer that mixture on an outside barbecue, otherwise the vinegar smell can get strong enough to bother you.

To make that mixture effective, you need to simmer it down to half the volume. Have FUN!

DearWebby (03/29/2005)

By DearWebby

Natural Weed Killer Recipe

To kill moss, take dolomite lime or baking soda and spread over the moss. Lime you can get at the gardening store. You can get large bags or boxes of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) at Costco or Sam's Club. Take small shovelfuls or a garden spreader and sprinkle it over the moss. It will kill it. Then wait a day and sweep it off. Baking soda will also kill grass and weeds because it is highly alkaline as will lime if you use too much.

Susan from ThriftyFun (03/30/2005)

Natural Weed Killer Recipe

The following recipe is at base 2 forms of acid so if you really soak the ground well nothing will grow for months. Be carefull you only spray what you want to kill.

Put 4 oz lemon juice in 1 quart spray bottle. Fill to top with white vinegar (10%-20% acididity is best). Shake well. (04/02/2005)

By Sartasia

Natural Weed Killer

How much do I need to cover 17,000 square feet. Are you really looking at using 1 gallon of vinegar? How long should I wait until I try to put down grass seed to grow grass?

By husky21

Natural Weed Killer

I have experimented on some of the ways suggested in other gardening sites and vinegar can cause fungi growth in colder regions, though being the most damaging out of the solutions I tested. Salt is the best, though a 20% baking soda solution was very effective and burned through my Arenaria norvegica plant. I also tried boiling water-not effective at all, and salt water-dehydration was in the first 48 hours but the plant still had a reasonably firm rooting. (05/07/2006)

By Guest

Natural Weed Killer

This is a product that doesn't have any chemicals. It is very good, all 100% natural, good on your animals and the environment. This is the link:

By isaac .twe distributors

RE: Natural Weed Killer

Natural Weed Killer

What ever happened to good old fashioned pulling them out. I know I'd rather spray half my back yard with Agent Orange, but like eveyone says, 'that stuff is bad for the kids,' 'this stuff is so good, but rots a hole in the ground so big you can fall in!' I borrow my neighbours shovel and have at all the weeds around the place. Works fine and gives you something to do outdoors. (12/13/2006)

By Texas T

Natural Weed Killer

To the man who mentioned wanting to get rid of clover... why not keep it. Many eco-friendly yards encourage clover growth, some people plant it instead of grass. It's great for putting nitrogen into the soil and doesn't need to be watered. All around better for our planet than grass. (05/16/2007)

By Michelle

Natural Weed Killer

I just mixed a spray bottle of 1 cup salt, 1 tablespoon dish soap and the rest vinegar. I then sprayed the weeds with this mixture. After that, I poured straight salt on the weeds. That night the weeds were dying. This is a great safe way to kill weeds. I used Roundup 2 years ago and my cat got sick. My dogs chew on weeds so I don't think Roundup is safe even after 24 hours.
Plus Roundup is more expensive than vinegar, salt, and dish soap. Just make sure you only do not spray or salt anywhere you don't want to kill plants or grass. They say the salt lasts longer than Roundup and results are as quick or quicker than Roundup. (08/26/2007)

By skyerose

Natural Weed Killer

Control clover in lawn by fertilising with nitrogen. Lawn grows stronger clover tends to weaken in nitrogen rich soils.

By red

Hand spraying a dandelion in a lawn with a spray bottle
Natural Weed Killers
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes