Natural Weed Killer

I live in Colorado and we are trying to xeriscape our backyard to cut down on water usage. I have several beds in progress with perennials and hand pull the weeds there, but I have laid down bark mulch as ground cover on the remaining yard areas.

I have used Round-up (gasp!) in the past to control weeds, but hate the chemical idea so am looking for something natural to spray on the yard area that won't seep into soil and hurt plants in my beds.

By mkelly1 from Canon City, CO

Answers:

Natural Weed Killer

Use either type of vinegar. The stronger kinds they sell at plant nurseries, or you can heat up regular vinegar on the stove to almost boiling. If you use vinegar, nothing will grow there for many years. The vinegar can be put into a plant sprayer. For a natural weeder, if you want to re-plant the area in the near future, use boiling water! Believe it or not, it sounds simple, but it works! (08/24/2009)

By Cyinda

Hand spraying a dandelion in a lawn with a spray bottle
Natural Weed Killers
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🎉
🎄