Need a Cheap Place for Wedding Reception

I have a big problem. I need help! Something of an emergency. We had to go into our wedding money so need to get a hall an to have the reception cheap! My coordinator is paid already. I heard about the fire dept. I need more ideas. Please help me.

Tasha

Answers:

You might want to check out your local Women's Club building in your city. My cousin is having her wedding reception there and all it cost is $100 for the entire day. Usually they have kitchens, so that should help. Hope this helps. (07/25/2005)

There are many organizations which have facilities you can rent for the day: VFW's, Mens Clubs which usually have kitchen facilities. Social clubs usually have facilities like Eagles Clubs, Irish or Portuguese clubs. If you call just one, and it's not appropriate for you, ask that person for recommendations.

Call your town hall and ask to speak to the first selectman's or mayor's assistant. Call the director of the Senior Citizen Center. They know much, or call the recreation director in your town.

Lots of resources are available to address this problem. I wish you a happy wedding day. (07/25/2005)

By Angellface

I don't know where you live or in what season you will be holding the wedding, but lots of local parks have covered picnic areas that would work, and can be rented relatively cheaply.

If the wedding isn't very large, you could also have it at someone's home. (07/25/2005)

By sunhat

Check with your local parks and recreation dept, they may have ideas.

Also check the local churches, regardless of where the wedding is held. A lot of churches now have reception halls that they loan out for a donation.

If you use either of my ideas please be aware that you will need to line up a few people willing to clean up after all is said and done.
(07/25/2005)

By JAN in NC

The feedback that I got was fantastic. My wedding is in May20 06. I postponed It since I was pulling my hair out.

This is a great site. I also went to a wedding this Saturday and guess what? It was at the woman's club. All the resources were great. Thank you all. (07/26/2005)

By Tashface

Check senior centers in your area, they usually have good sized buildings and the rental is usually very inexpensive. (07/26/2005)

By Barbie

For my wedding we held our reception at the County Fairgrounds, they usually have nice, big rooms. You will have to clean up at the end of the evening, so remember to ask a bunch of people to be your clean up crew. (07/31/2005)

By Cheesieanne

Wood crate with "Just Married" written on it.
Cheap Locations for a Wedding Reception
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
🎉
🎄