Neighbor's Cats Using Sandbox as Their Litter Box

My neighbor's cats use my kids' sandbox as their litter box. Is there something I can do to keep the cats out that is also safe for my kids?

MB in WY

Answers:

Just cover the sandbox with something solid like a piece of plywood. That's what we did many years ago. No cat that I know of can move a piece of plywood. (06/01/2004)

By Betty

I would keep the sandbox covered also. I would also tell your neighbor about it. Cats aren't fond of lemons. Try some lemon peels around the sandbox and see if he goes in there again. Hope it works for you. (06/01/2004)

By rhonand

Cayenne Pepper does the trick every time. It won't make your kids sick, one taste and they won't want any more of it. The very smell of it deters those pesky cats. Try it, you'll be glad you did! (06/02/2004)

By Penny

Covering Sandbox
Keep Cats From Using a Sandbox as a Litter Box
A white cat sitting on a couch.
Preventing a Cat from Peeing Everywhere
Litter Box Training a Cat, Tabby in litter box.
Litter Box Training a Cat
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🎄
🍂