Neosporin Use on Dogs

Can Neosporin ointment be used for dogs skin lesions?

By 45nedwards from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Neosporin Use on Dogs

Personally, I would ask a vet. (09/03/2009)

By irisbird

Neosporin Use on Dogs

Neosporin is safe to use, and another product that works extremely well on humans, as well as pets is Bag Balm. It was created many years ago to keep the udders soft and smooth on milk cows. But I keep it on hand for cuts, chapped hands, human or animals. You can buy it at Farm Stores.

Harlean from Arkansas (09/04/2009)

By Harlean from AR

Neosporin Use on Dogs

My vet has given it to me to use on my cats before, so I would think it is probably safe for the dogs since it is a topical and not something they are ingesting. (09/04/2009)

By minnabird

Neosporin Use on Dogs

Yes you can, but I wouldn't use it on deep cuts or wounds, take it to the vet. I use it on my dog occasionally. She has allergies and gets hot spots. I have recently started using 1/3 part Listerine, 1/3 part water and 1/3 part baby oil, works great, no itching in those areas now, I would think the Listerine would work diluted of course on the spot. My vet says it is OK, but not to use a lot of creams on dogs as this doesn't let air get through to heal the areas. (09/04/2009)

By Luvmyjrt

Neosporin Use on Dogs

Call your vet to be absolutely sure that it would be okay. Better to be safe, than sorry, as the saying goes. (09/05/2009)

By Maryeileen

Neosporin Use on Dogs
Preventing Heartworms in Dogs
How Do Dogs Get Heartworms?
Cat Food
Is Cat Food OK for Dogs?
Neosporin
Using Neosporin on Dogs
A dog sitting in a garden.
Keeping Dogs Out of Your Garden
🎄