Neutered Male Cat Spraying In The House

I have been having trouble for a couple of years with my male, neutered, indoor cat spraying around the house. He has a litterbox that I scoop everyday. He's been checked out by the vet. The vet also suggested an expensive pheremone plug-in that didn't work. I spray affected areas with enzyme spray. There are periods of time he doesn't do this, but it is definitely an ongoing problem. He is about 10 years old and never had a problem with this before. Any advice?

Sheila

Answers:

Neutered Male Cat Spraying In The House

My daughter's cat did the same thing. He was about 11 yrs. He started doing it just recently. Their house smelled terrible. The vet checked him out for kidney infections. He was fine. Have you had another male kitten in the house? That's what she thought maybe started it. But he was fixed when he was an 8 week old kitten. How do they even know about marking the territory? Anyway, they finally put him to sleep. (09/09/2007)

By LITTLE SUZY

Neutered Male Cat Spraying In The House

My brother's cat did this when his daughter was born. A friend's cat did this when her Poodle died giving birth to a stillborn litter. Another's cat did this when she brought a new kitten home. Another's did this when her sister moved in. It seems to be the way male neutered cats handle stress and change. Is something going on in your life or household? (09/10/2007)

By perfume and powder

Neutered Male Cat Spraying In The House

I have a male cat that is neutered and he started doing this when the windows are open and other toms are outside. He was attacked when he was 9 years old through the screen door and tore his cornea. Not much has convinced him not to do this. He is 14 now and we just clean up after him. If it gets too bad we just close the house back up and that calms him down. Have several other cats and they don't do this, so far. (09/11/2007)

By guest Mary

Neutered Male Cat Spraying In The House

Have there been an changes at all in your household? Cats are extremely sensitive to change.

You might want to give the spray pheromone a chance. I was using the spray pheromone (Feliway) and thought I would try the plug-in instead. I was very unhappy with the plug-in. I didn't think it was effective at all so I went back to the spray.

(09/11/2007)

By Maryeileen

Neutered Male Cat Spraying In The House

I too think this is stress related. I have a male neutered cat that I feed up on my dryer to keep his food away from our two chocolate Labs and one Dalmatian who like to chase him and I find spraying once in awhile on the washer. I think he does it when they try to corner him. (12/09/2008)

By spotscrazy

Neutered Male Cat Spraying In The House
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Cat and Dog Sitting Together
Caring for Your Spayed or Neutered Pet
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎉
🎄