Neutral Colors for My Kitchen

I am about to paint my kitchen and connected family room and can't decide on a color. Everything in the kitchen is white (trim, cabinets, appliances) but the countertops are a beige-like color. The built-in bookshelves in the family room and all trim is white. I tend to like more neutral colors. Help me find a color! Thanks

Jennifer from Indiana

Neutral Colors for My Kitchen

If you like neutral, I'd go with a taupe color(there are so many different variations!). However, if you want some color, which I would prefer, I'd go with a deep red. I think you'd have great luck coordinating with that color. (03/19/2007)

By love2decorate

Neutral Colors for My Kitchen

I, also, think that taupe would look very nice. But, if you would like something dramatic, how about some color in the jewel tones: navy, green, or burgundy? (03/19/2007)

By Persnickety Paula

Neutral Colors for My Kitchen

How about a very soft peach color. I would think that would be beautiful with the white and beige colors.

You could go to Lowes and pick out large paint color samples, take them home and tape them to your wall and see them repeatedly together to see if you could handle seeing them 24/7 - 365 days a year.

I see those colors a lot in womens clothing. So you could go to a fabric store, buy a half yard of the material you like with the color on it and again TAPE it up against the walls for a couple of days to see if you could handle seeing it all of the time.

GOOD LUCK! (03/20/2007)

By Paula Jo Carr, Mebane, NC - zone 7a

Neutral Colors for My Kitchen

I would try a yellow color on the walls. Light or dark yellow colors would go with your white and beige colors. Yellow really makes a kitchen look bright. I am doing mine in a light yellow color and I have blue decorations then to co-ordinate with the yellow. I also have white appliance and counter tops to. I have a lot of cobalt blue kitchen items for decorations. I love the colors together. I think yours would be nice in a yellow color also. (03/20/2007)

By Dorothy

Neutral Colors for My Kitchen

I just finished watching a show on HGTV that was about small houses. The woman who owned the house painted her kitchen walls chocolate brown. The cupboards and appliances were white. An interior designer came on to comment and said chocolate was a good color choice for her to make. A dark color makes the walls recede and the room look bigger. This would work in your kitchen too. (03/22/2007)

By Carol in PA

Neutral Colors for My Kitchen
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires