New Baby Greetings Card
Every new baby is as cute as a button and deserves this lovely handmade greetings card. It is suitable for girls or boys - just change the colours. Or say "cute as buttons" for twins or triplets and use the appropriate number of buttons
- 1 blank greetings card
- 1 rectangle of woven fabric
- 1 button
- embroidery floss
- strong clear glue
- the use of a printer
- Print out the message "cute as a" several times in different fonts. Choose the one you think will fit the card best and carefully tear it off.
- Cut a short length of embroidery thread and pass the ends through the button holes.
- Trim the ends.
- Cut a rectangle or square of fabric bigger than the message.
- Apply a generous amount of strong clear all purpose glue to the back of the button and also to the back of the message.
- Stick them in place on top of the fabric.
- Fray the edges of the fabric.
- Apply glue to the reverse of the fabric in the centre.
- Position it on the card.
- Cut 4 lengths of embroidery floss to fit around the edges of the card.
- Tie them together and glue in place.
- Print out a message for the inside (or use a ready made message) and glue it in place.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!