Niagara Falls Vacation Tips

I am looking for thrifty tips for a Niagara Falls getaway.

Thanks.
Teddygirl from WV

Answers:

Niagara Falls Vacation Tips

We went to Niagara Falls last year and had a wonderful time. We stayed at Quality Inn Clifton hill, not the Hilton, but really close to the falls and we got a great package deal ( dinner voucher, free breakfast, and something else). Anyways, even though I really liked the location, stay away from Clifton hill if you want to save money. For the most part it is the hub of Niagara Falls and everything is overpriced and a rip off.

I think the only thing that was worth anything was the arcade (I think it was the Great Canadian Midway). We also went to the Fun House (almost $45 for something we went through in under 5 minutes- Ripley's was expensive even with a coupon. It was interesting though!). We did the Niagara Falls package deal: white water walk, butterfly conservatory, Maid of the Mist, and Journey behind the falls. It was well worth it. You can pick it up at the bottom of Clifton Hill (I think it was around $100 for the 4 of us. The youngest was free, however. Once again, this was one of our favorite things on our trip.

If you take this package (which every stop is well worth it, by the way) if you get it go to the Butterfly conservatory first. The butterflies are more active. Somewhat across the street from the White Water walk is a gift shop. They have large things on the outside to take your pictures with. You can't miss it. There is a glass blowing demonstration which is very interesting. The souvenir prices are not too bad, they had coupons for them in the coupon booklets throughout the town. Eating can be costly there so plan ahead. If you can't get a package deal, try to have breakfast in your room, eat at places locals would frequent.

I will also suggest checking out the American side, yes you can't see the Horseshoe falls, but you are right there. It is less crowded (people are friendlier), a beautiful more natural feeling. I will also suggest getting the American side package as well if you have the money. We did not get it, but are hoping that next year we can go and stay on the American side to check that out more. We did go on the trolley ride (only $3 for the entire family) and checked out the Aquarium on the American side and must say that was the cheapest things we did on vacation and we enjoyed it the most (we did miss the Cave of Winds, we really wanted to do it but was pressed on time. They give you "free" water shoes they are including in the admission.

Check out Trip Advisor for the Niagara Falls section to see what interesting things to see, ideas on cheap decent places to eat and what is worth the money. I hope that helps and have a fun time. (07/09/2007)

By stevesgal

Niagara Falls Vacation Tips

There is so much to do there I don't think you will have any problems. I would suggest if you like theme parks go to Marine Land it's an aquarium on the Canadian side and has a great Whale show. Clifton Hill is fun, you don't have to spend a lot of money, but you can find some great souvenirs there.
There is also a gambling casino if you like that sort of thing.
Have fun. (07/12/2007)

Niagara Falls Vacation Tips

Unfortunately, the American dollar has declined in value again, and is not worth as much in other countries including Canada. The last time we went to the Falls, a couple of nights, we just ordered pizza when we were on our way back to the motel for dinner. We also took a cooler that was packed with fruit and drinks and took dry cereal for breakfast. And if you decide to go on the Maid-of-the-Mist, time it to go at lunch or dinner. People are packed onto the boats, but at those times, there is one boat that goes out half empty, allowing you to move around to see and take pics from differing views. (07/13/2007)

By susanmajp

Niagara Falls Vacation Tips
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation, Sisters on Ski Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation
Vacation Fund Jar
Frugal Vacation Activities
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls Frugal Travel Guide
🎉
🎄