Nicotine off Wood Furniture

I would like to know how to clean nicotine off of wood furniture. Oven cleaner works, but also takes off paint if it's left on slightly too long.

Answers:

Nicotine off Wood Furniture

I would suggest trying Lemon Oil. It worked for my mom to help to remove paint off of a Mantel Clock. It is in stores in the cleaning supplies. Just pure Lemon Oil, and it won't hurt the wood. Just put it on a clean cloth, rub on the wood, then polish with another cloth. You may have to do it a few times, it smells good, and is good for the wood, it helps to preserve it.
-Sharon Lee (02/18/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Nicotine on appliances

I am needing to clean some appliances that are severely stained with nicotine. I have tried just about everything like Mean Green, Oven cleaner, Degreaser, Windex, among other various cleaners. I have even tried sanding them down, nothing thus far is working. Need any suggestions please. (03/04/2005)

By Jen

Nicotine off Wood Furniture

Don't laugh, but a regular bar of Ivory soap will remove nicotine off of anything. Dampen a sponge or cloth and rub the bar with it.
I scrubbed my brains out with practically every cleaner available and the Ivory removes it like a breeze with very little effort. Amazing!
I do my furniture with Ivory also. Shines like new after it's polished. (03/26/2005)

By Captain

Getting nicotine off appliances

Scrubbing Bubbles does a wonderful job. It does the work for you. (04/26/2008)

By Kathy

Murphys oil soap works

I tried vegetable oil and baking soda. Long process but it takes it off.

Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎄