Nicotine off Wood Furniture

I would like to know how to clean nicotine off of wood furniture. Oven cleaner works, but also takes off paint if it's left on slightly too long.

Answers:

Nicotine off Wood Furniture

I would suggest trying Lemon Oil. It worked for my mom to help to remove paint off of a Mantel Clock. It is in stores in the cleaning supplies. Just pure Lemon Oil, and it won't hurt the wood. Just put it on a clean cloth, rub on the wood, then polish with another cloth. You may have to do it a few times, it smells good, and is good for the wood, it helps to preserve it.
-Sharon Lee (02/18/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Nicotine on appliances

I am needing to clean some appliances that are severely stained with nicotine. I have tried just about everything like Mean Green, Oven cleaner, Degreaser, Windex, among other various cleaners. I have even tried sanding them down, nothing thus far is working. Need any suggestions please. (03/04/2005)

By Jen

Nicotine off Wood Furniture

Don't laugh, but a regular bar of Ivory soap will remove nicotine off of anything. Dampen a sponge or cloth and rub the bar with it.
I scrubbed my brains out with practically every cleaner available and the Ivory removes it like a breeze with very little effort. Amazing!
I do my furniture with Ivory also. Shines like new after it's polished. (03/26/2005)

By Captain

Getting nicotine off appliances

Scrubbing Bubbles does a wonderful job. It does the work for you. (04/26/2008)

By Kathy

Anonymous

Murphys oil soap works

Anonymous

I tried vegetable oil and baking soda. Long process but it takes it off.

I'm not laughing - Ivory soap works! My Bennington Pine bookcases lived with smokers for 40 years and were probably never cleaned properly. I'm working with the Ivory now and am so impressed. Finishing off with a good penetrating oil

Just remember to wear gloves. The yar is highly toxic and will absorb through your skin.

Nicotine off Wood Furniture

To Captain,

I was online and was about to purchase a heavy duty crime scene clean up solution, to get rid of the nicotine on all the wood doors and trim in my house. I saw your post and thought, I can at least give it a try.

I am surprised and thrilled beyond belief.

Just like you said, comes off like a breeze. And that's 20 years of a three pack a day smoker. ( Not me)

Industrial cleaner $30.00

3 bars of Ivory soap $1.25

Captain's advice, priceless! 

Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated.

Gail

*********YOU MUST TRY THIS!******

By Captain