Share a SolutionAsk a Question

North Carolina Frugal Travel Guide

Finding fun ways to save money can make for a great vacation. This is a North Carolina frugal travel guide.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

May 10, 2010 Flag

Bald Eagle in the North Carolina Mountains. One of the largest waterfalls and it will take your breath away!

By Lou Ann

North Carolina Mountains

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

We lived in Franklin, and I've probably stood in the exact spot the person taking these photos stood.

There can't be too many places in the world more beautiful than this place is, and almost anywhere in the Smokies is beautiful enough to bring tears to my eyes, The Magic Of the Mountains.

Thank you for sharing,

Julia in Boca Raton, FL

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

August 3, 2011 Flag

Mountain view with rocks in foreground

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This was taken from the top of Grandfather Mountain State Park, in North Carolina. Even though it was cloudy, it was a beautiful view.

February 22, 2012 Flag

A Stormy Day in Outer Banks North Carolina

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

It seems a million years ago, but, it was only 5 years ago, that my hubby and I had a pre-wedding vacation! A pre-honeymoon if you will, and we chose to go to OBX! The Outer Banks in North Carolina.

May 15, 2012 Flag

Sunset (Carolina Beach State Park Marina, NC)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

In North Carolina, it's the end of another beautiful day at Carolina Beach State Park.

October 31, 2013 Flag

October Sunrise From My Garden

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I looked out the kitchen window to check for frost damage to my plants. My eyes caught the reddest sunrise of my life.

November 4, 2010 Flag

Sunrise (North Carolina)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

My husband and I were heading out in the boat for a early morning fishing trip and I took this photo in the boat while it was moving! Beautiful September morning in Coastal North Carolina!

January 18, 2011 Flag

Kayaking the Natahala

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Driving along the Natahala River in Western North Carolina is a beautiful experience. I stopped to snap a few photos of the natural beauty and this kayaker came along.

May 7, 2011 Flag

Photo of an Outer Banks North Carolina

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This was taken from the boat we were on during our trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Gorgeous sky, perfect weather. Loved being by the ocean!

June 21, 2013 Flag

Peace Like A River (Cape Fear River, Fort Fisher, NC)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I love watching a beautiful sunset. This is a view of the Cape Fear River at Fort Fisher, North Carolina. Fort Fisher has a museum, aquarium, State Park on the ocean, ferry that crosses the Cape Fear River over to South Port and some good fishing.

March 13, 2013 Flag

Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park (NC)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Last summer, we visited Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park in Scotland Neck, NC. We almost missed this exhibit. The aquarium is located in the restroom building along with a honeybee hive that you can observe busy bees at work.

Travel and Recreation Travel Guides North AmericaMarch 11, 2013
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
South Carolina Christmas Charities
North Carolina Christmas Charities
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 7:19:35 AM on 10.0.1.4 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.