North Carolina Frugal Travel Guide

Category North America
Salem College, North Carolina
Finding fun ways to save money can make for a great vacation. This is a North Carolina frugal travel guide.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Bald Eagle in the North Carolina Mountains. One of the largest waterfalls and it will take your breath away!

By Lou Ann

North Carolina Mountains

Comment Like this photo? 17

This was taken from the top of Grandfather Mountain State Park, in North Carolina. Even though it was cloudy, it was a beautiful view.

Mountain view with rocks in foreground

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

It seems a million years ago, but, it was only 5 years ago, that my hubby and I had a pre-wedding vacation! A pre-honeymoon if you will, and we chose to go to OBX! The Outer Banks in North Carolina.

A Stormy Day in Outer Banks North Carolina

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

In North Carolina, it's the end of another beautiful day at Carolina Beach State Park.

Sunset (Carolina Beach State Park Marina, NC)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

My husband and I were heading out in the boat for a early morning fishing trip and I took this photo in the boat while it was moving! Beautiful September morning in Coastal North Carolina!

By Julie

Sunrise (North Carolina)

Comment Like this photo? 8

Photo Description
I looked out the kitchen window to check for frost damage to my plants. My eyes caught the reddest sunrise of my life.

The scene changed very quickly. By the time I got my camera and went outside, most of the redness had gone.

It's still a nice picture. I'll put it in my computer folder titled 'Gardening 2013'. Then I'll tend the plants I've brought in for the Winter and start my yearly ritual of longing for the arrival of yet another Spring.

Photo Location
North Carolina

Comment Like this photo? 5

Driving along the Natahala River in Western North Carolina is a beautiful experience. I stopped to snap a few photos of the natural beauty and this kayaker came along.

Kayaking the Natahala

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This was taken from the boat we were on during our trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Gorgeous sky, perfect weather. Loved being by the ocean!

Photo of an Outer Banks North Carolina

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I love watching a beautiful sunset. This is a view of the Cape Fear River at Fort Fisher, North Carolina. Fort Fisher has a museum, aquarium, State Park on the ocean, ferry that crosses the Cape Fear River over to South Port and some good fishing.

Peace Like A River (Cape Fear River, Fort Fisher, NC)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Last summer, we visited Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park in Scotland Neck, NC. We almost missed this exhibit. The aquarium is located in the restroom building along with a honeybee hive that you can observe busy bees at work.

Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park (NC)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1