Not-So Spanish Omelet Recipe

Category Breakfast
Not-So Spanish Omelet
This omelet is a simple and delicious breakfast or brunch meal that everyone will enjoy. This guide contains a recipe for not-so Spanish omelet.

This is an adjusted version of the Spanish omelet. It makes for a hearty meal, so it works well for a brunch when served with toast.

Total Time: 45 minutes in total

Yield: 2 servings

• 3 eggs, beaten
  • cheese flavored smoked frankfurter
  • medium sized potato
  • ½ teaspoon dried sweet basil
  • ¼ teaspoon grinded black pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon Knorr Aromat Seasoning or ordinary salt
  • grated cheddar cheese to taste
  • cooking spray

1. Boil the potato until tender. Drain the potato and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Peel and cut into thin slices.
  2. Boil the frankfurter for 5-6 minutes and drain. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into thin slices.
  3. Mix the beaten eggs, basil, pepper and salt. Add the sliced potato and sliced frankfurter to the egg mixture.
  4. Ad
  5. Spray a 6" frying pan with cooking spray. Add the mixture to the pan and over a medium heat, cook until golden brown on the one side.
  6. Use a spatula to flip it over. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the omelet. Cook until the cheese has melted and the other side is golden brown, too.
  7. Ad
  8. Slide onto a plate. Cut into slices and serve warm with toast.

Top Comment

I prefer firm, fleshy potatoes like Yukon Gold, and don't waste the peel that has the flavor and the vitamines, so I just boil them for 2-3 minutes, and slice them really thin.

I also put paper thin slices of onion in there.

The franks or Wieners don't need to be boiled at all. They have been boiled at the factory. Just slice them thin and toss them in.

However, the Knorr Aromat has MSG, or used to, so I avoid that. Seasoned salt with garlic works very well.

Instead of the expensive cooking spray I just put a knife tip of butter into the pan. Tastes a lot better!

Have FUN!

DearWebby

That looks wonderful and I am going to make this!

Thanks Robyn!

Thanks for the feedback! :-) Personally, I don't eat a frankfurter if it was not cooked a bit, and I don't like the taste of onions in my omelet. :-) Interesting how taste differs from one person to the next, isn't it? Glad you gave your version too, it gives the readers more options. Much appreciated!