Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients

• 1 cup shortening or margarine
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Mix these ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy.

Dry Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups quick oatmeal

Mix thoroughly and add to beaten ingredients. Shape the dough in to a long roll. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate. When well chilled, cut into thin slices. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Place dough in refrigerator during baking, while waiting.

By Robin

Answers:

Oatmeal Cookies

Hi.. what is the "soda" you mention? Is is baking soda, or soda you drink? (11/21/2004)

By KimMcG

Oatmeal Cookies

"Soda" in the dry ingredient list would OBVIOUSLY be baking soda. (11/22/2004)

By valleyrimgirl

Oatmeal Cookies

valleyrimgirl: No need to be SO condescending to Kim. Perhaps she is someone just learning to cook. At least she had enough sense to ask before she did it wrong. Isn't that what this site is about - to help out others? Get over yourself. (11/22/2004)

By mrsmutt

Oatmeal Cookies

In her defense I too wondered about the "soda" in this recipe! I am glad someone asked this question~:) (11/23/2004)

Oatmeal Cookies

Hi, Baking soda for those outside the country is bicarbonate of soda or "bicarb" in the UK. Soda is also what we call carbonated beverages like Coke here in the U.S. It's also called Pop or Soda Pop. Soda is also the name for an old Soda Fountain drink with flavored syrup and carbonated water so it's easy to get confused. We'll try to watch for that in future recipes. (11/23/2004)

Susan from ThriftyFun

Oatmeal Cookies

Thank you Robin. I have copied several of your recipes. (02/08/2005)

By Sandy

Oatmeal Cookies

I too was wondering about the soda thing. No I wasn't but anyways you people have to get over yourselves like mrsmutt mentioned. I bet all of you have made a mistake in your recipes so leave this person ALONE. (03/03/2005)

By Samantha

Oatmeal Cookies

Would like more Christmas recipes. (08/07/2005)

By SuziQ111

Oatmeal Cookies

Oh and now I learned not to push the back button or it posts twice. I'm going to go lie down before I hurt myself. (08/25/2005)

By Anonymous

Oatmeal Cookies

If you add a 1/4 cup of skim milk and about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon for 15 minutes made with an ice cream scooper these cookies come out like bakery specialty cookies. (08/28/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Oatmeal Cookies
A bowl of oatmeal.
Saving Money On Oatmeal
A pan of oatmeal cookies.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipes
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipes
🎉
🎄