Oatmeal Pie

This is quick, easy, inexpensive, and guests rave because the name doesn't do this pie justice.

• 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • Ad
  • 3 Tbsp. melted margarine
  • 2/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup loosely packed finely shredded coconut

Blend ingredients in order given, pour into 10 inch pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 for about 35 minutes.

Put on cookie sheet to prevent mess with overflow of pie, chill pie for several hours or overnight to firm completely. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream

Sometimes I zap the oatmeal in a food processor to give a finer texture, but this is not necessary

Servings: 6
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
45 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Passed down in family for many many years

By sabou from Nova Scotia, Canada

Oatmeal Pie

This sounds DELICIOUS! I can't wait to make it. There is an old, old Scottish recipe for "Scottish Oaties" that this recipe reminds me of. "Oaties" are made as a bar cookie and they last about 20 minutes when I make them. Glad to have this recipe to add to my favorite oatmeal recipes. Thanks! (09/21/2010)

By plumcottage

Oatmeal Pie

This sounds wonderful, I can't wait to make it! It would be perfect for this time of year too. (10/03/2010)

By Jan M

Oatmeal Pie
A bowl of oatmeal.
Saving Money On Oatmeal
Jar of instant oatmeal.
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Recipes
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling