Odors in a Linen Closet

My nephew peed on a blanket and no one knew it and it was put in the linen closet. How do you get rid of the smell in the closet now? I have washed everything in the closet and it didn't help. Febreeze seems to make it worse.

Kellie from Cookeville, TN

Answers:

Odors in a Linen Closet

I have used coffee grinds in a refrigerator to get rid of some really awful smell, so I think that might help you. Just make sure it is up high enough that little ones don't spill it everywhere. (03/02/2007)

By Dede

Odors in a Linen Closet

Borax may help. You can wash down the linens, walls and whatever else is in there. I use it in all our washes. It has removed most every smell I've encountered. Our store carries it in the bleach section on the top shelf. (03/02/2007)

By jc42

Odors in a Linen Closet

Exhausting, but effective: Wash all the linens that were in the closet with baking soda in the wash cycle, and white vinegar in the rinse cycle. Wash down all the inside of the closet with baking soda and water; a fairly heavy concentration. Let dry. Rinse. If walls are wood. Polish with Lemon Pledge. Wipe away all residue. Hang sachets of Baking soda from ceiling and sprinkle it on each shelf before covering it with paper liner, securely affixed, to go under linens as they are being replaced. (03/10/2007)

By CheepieGal

Controlling Odors in a Linen Closet
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
Woman holding linens in front of linen closet.
Organizing Your Linen Closet
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
🎉
🎄