Oil Stains on Clothing

I have several shirts that have stains from oil based salad dressings. They have already been washed and dried at least one time. Is there any way I can get these stains out? Please help! Thank you very much.

By Jazzer from IN

Answers:

Oil Stains on Clothing

Lay the shirt flat and cover stains with Dawn dish detergent (the original kind), let set for 20 to 30 minutes. Then throw in machine with a load of clothes and wash as normal. I do this with my hubby's clothes because a lot of stains don't show until after they are washed and dried. (08/26/2009)

By mary1day

Oil Stains on Clothing

I've used GOOP hand cleaner with great success. Rub it into the stain (start around the outside of the stain and work your way to the middle) and let it sit about 20 minutes, then wash as normal.

Mind you, I use homemade laundry soap and only wash in cold water, and I've gotten great from clothing that's already been washed and dried two or three times. Good Luck! (08/26/2009)

By Shosha

Oil Stains on Clothing

I buy Greased Lightning from Walmart, I think it's in the automotive aisle. My daughter works in a restaurant kitchen, and it has even worked on huge grease stains that have been through the dryer. I swear by it, and it's not expensive.
(08/26/2009)

By Sandy/Pittsburgh

Oil Stains on Clothing
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄