Old Dog Peeing in His Bed When Alone

Our dog Jake, who is 11, recently started to pee in his bed when we are gone. He even does it now when only one person is home and in the shower. His blood work came back good from the vet. He can make it all night without peeing when we go to sleep. What can we do to correct this?

Thanks.

Just like people, old dogs experience incontinence. Limit liquids and you may have to crate him when you leave the house.

Old dogs are like old people. Accidents will happen. When you are around him, you can tell when he indicates he needs to go.. but he could be trying to tell you but you are not there to listen.... Take him right before you leave or get in the shower. Limit his foods that are salty, limit when you give his water (but make sure he gets plenty when he does need it) Do the accidents occur at the same times of the day, or at the same time after he eats or drinks??

He goes(accidents) at all different times.

Wash the underlying cloth with vinegar which may discourage the peeing. What does the vet say??

it might be anxiety

Older dogs have weaker bladders, and sometimes cannot even "feel" when it's happening. Perhaps his joints prohibit him from trying to get outside to do his business. Talk to your vet'

Why is everyone quick to say it can only be a bladder issue? My dog is well pad trained. And when I'm gone she'll pee only on MY throw and curl up in it. So we stopped leaving them around and she stopped. And she was also peeing on my bed and she curled up in it, then we stopped letting her on the bed. So then she wanted to sleep on her pee pads. I thought this was counter intuitive for dogs. What's the deal!?

My 14 years old mineture American Eskimo start to pee on his bad in front of me. I wonder why?

1) he is old?

2) he is trying to say something?