Old Dog Peeing in House

I have a 14 year old Yorkie. He is house trained. Lately he wants to pee on the carpet, but not all the time. He uses the papers mostly. How can I make him stop using the living room carpet to pee on?

By ent from Bardstown, KY

Old Dog Peeing in House

If this is a new behavior, it might be best to consult with your vet, to help rule out any medical issues. Best of luck! (01/28/2010)

By mrs.story

Old Dog Peeing in House

I had a seal point cat that was 12 and he started doing the same. I took him to the vet. The vet told me his kidneys were failing. Just have him checked with the vet. (01/28/2010)

By shellmax

Old Dog Peeing in House

Many older dogs lose control of their bladder or like previously stated, simply have failing kidneys. Many people especially with tiny dogs will use a 'belly band' to absorb any accidents. Wishing you and your little man the best! (01/30/2010)

By caninecodependent

Senior dog laying on wood floor in home, looking sad
Old Dog Peeing in House
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside