Old Holiday Greeting Cards As Gift Tags

Don't throw out your greetings cards once the holiday season is past. When you have sorted out the special ones you want to keep, go through the rest and save any with pictures that can be cut out (i.e. no writing on the back) - which is usually most of them. The cut-out smaller cards you get can be used for gift tags next year. I had this tip from a friend years ago and have done it ever since. I rarely need to buy gift tags at Christmas and it's a good way of recycling those lovely cards we just otherwise throw away or recycle with the other waste paper.

By Gill

Answers:

Old Holiday Greeting Cards As Gift Tags

We did this "back in the day" when I was a little kid....1960s/1970s. Nowadays I do this, especially for larger gifts where I want the tag to be noticed, and use my decorative edge scrapbook scissors to make the cuts. Punch a hole and add some (often recycled) ribbon for a nice touch. This makes a fun rainy day project to do with your kids near the holidays, and can even be done as you're putting things away after Christmas to prepare for the next holiday. They could add stickers and glitter, etc., to embellish. I'm sure other holiday and greeting cards could be used for birthday gifts throughout the year, too. (10/27/2008)

By Judy B in Round Hill VA

Brown Paper Gift Tag
Making Your Own Gift Tags
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches
Making Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches
🎉
🎄