Online Textbook Trade-in Tips

Do you ever plan on using Amazon's trade-in program to get rid of old textbooks? Don't get burned! Last winter I sent in a textbook and received the amount of money advertised by the program. However, I noticed that the trade-in price went up about $15.00 after they received my book! Before you send in a book, cancel your trade-in submission and wait a couple of days to see if they will raise the price. I did this recently and the company added $8.00 to the trade-in value.

On a second note: if you want to donate your old books rather than trade them in, I highly recommend using the Better World Books online program. Many of the books they receive are donated to schools or programs that help bring literacy to people in impoverished countries. In addition, they donate one book for every book they sell to people like you and me.

Link: http://www.betterworldbooks.com/