Opening Plastic Bags

Frustration can be avoided by moistening your fingers when opening these bags. This guide is about opening plastic bags.

August 31, 2009 Flag

My disabled husband watched me trying to open a trash bag. He told me to lick my thumb and finger and try to open the bag. LOL it worked. Be sure your fingers are clean before licking. I also do this at the grocery store with those little produce bags that are so hard to open. I've told everyone I know about this little trick and they can't believe how easy it is to open a trash bag now.

Source: My sweet disabled husband.

By Pmcbee from Jesup, GA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Lol, I wonder what everyone would say about when their moms used her hankie and spit to wipe something off the kids face when we were little.

May 5, 2014 Flag

I lick my clean thumb and finger and twist it at the top of the bag to start it. Once I have the top of the bag open, I need to open it to the bottom. I open the top of the bag then I put it back together holding the whole top together then slide my hand down pushing that little air bubble which has formed, this way it will open the bag all the way to the bottom. Depending on the length of the bag, I have had to repeat it up to 4 times. It sure beats shaking bags in the air in the store with bad shoulders.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bless your husband. This has plagued me all my life to the point I took to google to find an easier way! Thanks!

February 13, 2008 Flag

Not able to get those trashbags open with out a fight? Wet your thumb and index finger with water and rub it loose.

By Sanmar from Albuquerque, NM

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Friction will do it too. Rub vigorously between hands where the opening is and it usually opens them right up. We used this technique when I worked in a grocery store as we didn't want to be licking our fingers there, gross! lol.

Better Living Simple LivingDecember 4, 2013
Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:29:24 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.