Opening a Sealed Envelope

I forgot to insert a check into an envelope after I sealed it up. Does anyone have any idea on how to loosen the glue?

By dejah from Chowchilla, CA

Answers:

Opening a Sealed Envelope

A fellow cardmaker stuffed wedding invitations (and sealed them) and then the bride wanted changes. She had to open them (without damaging). As Mary Ann suggested, she used the freezer method, and said it worked great! (07/01/2009)

By mrs.story

Opening a Sealed Envelope

The classic method is to steam open the envelope - by putting the glued side next to a source of steam (traditionally a kettle). The steam dissolves the glue while saving the envelope - so you can open it and reseal. (07/01/2009)

By pamphyila

Opening a Sealed Envelope

Freeze it for a couple of hours and it should pop right open! (07/01/2009)

By aggie71446

Opening a Sealed Envelope

When this happens to me I tap one end of the envelope on the table so all contents slide to that end. I then cut off a strip (as thin as possible) from the other end. I remove or add what I need to and reseal the cut end with a piece of Scotch tape (the length of the cut), folding it over the end of the envelope. (07/01/2009)

By dinah6591

Opening a Sealed Envelope

I tried microwaving it for a few seconds - only worked partially. Not a good method. (07/02/2009)

By cookwie

Opening a Sealed Envelope

Open the envelope on the side instead of the top. Just put a nail file (or something small and flat) near the top or bottom of the side edge and slowly rock the nail file back and forth and the edge will open. Insert the cheque and use a little bit of glue stick to reseal. (07/02/2009)

By PICO

Opening a Sealed Envelope

Had to do this once - steamed it over steaming water and opened it that way - this worked for the old kind of postage stamps too. (07/02/2009)

By KristyEllen

Opening a Sealed Envelope
canvas covered album
Cleaning Varnished/Sealed Fabric
Frozen Veggies
Storing Vacuum Sealed Food
Plastic Bag
Opening Plastic Bags
Sealed Envelope
Opening a Sealed Envelope
🎉
🎄