Orange Tabby Information and Photos

Category Cat Breeds
Orange Tabby
A cat is a wonderful addition for companionship and mouse patrol in many households. This guide contains orange tabby information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Tiki the cat is approx. 1 year old. He is a Mackerel Tabby. Tiki was a stray kitten who popped out of the bushes and followed us while we were walking our dogs! I fell in love immediately. At the time, I didn't know he was a stray. But we continued to see him around the neighborhood, always following people in the street. Finally, one morning it was raining and there was Tiki meowing and following us. I picked him up and brought him home and he's slept in our bed ever since! (We put up posters and placed an ad in case he belonged to someone, but never got any calls.)

Tiki loves to sleep either on my chest with one paw lightly on my nose or wrapped around my head at night. My husband calls him my "cat hat." This photos shows Tiki "snarfle-ing" in the garden where I grow catnip for him. Doesn't he look like he's posing for a magazine?

By Lee Taylor from Indialantic, FL

Cat and flower pot.

Comment Like this photo? 16

Pumpkin is a 5 year old Orange Tabby. We got Pumpkin when he was 6 weeks old from a man who was giving away free kittens from the back of a pick up truck in a Petsmart parking lot.

He loves to watch TV! I don't know what it is, but he is really attracted to the TV, especially animal shows. He will actually sit on the edge of the bed and watch an entire program!

Pumpkin has a lot of personality and loves to cause trouble. He will tease the dogs and slap them on the rear as they walk by or grab a hold of one of our legs (no claws) when you try to step over him. He is a really fun cat to have around!

By Jannieb from McKinney, TX

Pumpkin watching TV.

Comment Like this photo? 20

Your Pet's Age
7 weeks

How and when did you get your pet?
I got my pet from our friend's barn, a few days ago.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Play with his toys, and hop around.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
He is adorable, we hope he wins :)

Comment Like this photo? 22

James is a 3 or 4 year old orange tabby. James came to us from the local shelter. He likes to eat, eat, eat, and sleep. He is the most loving cat with the biggest purr. Love in a fur coat!

By Barbara

Cat looking up at camera.

Comment Like this photo? 21

Gunter (pronounced "Goonter") is about 1 1/2 years old and an orange tabby. He took shelter under our front porch this year around Thanksgiving. He hunts squirrels and chipmunks. When we first saw this cat, he looked as if he was near death, so we started leaving food and water out for him. Then we build a small shelter under the porch for him, so he could be someplace warm.

Gunter hangs out with us whenever we are outside, but won't let us pet him yet. As soon as he can trust us, we are going to take him to the vet. I will probably have to let him go out on his own, once we get him back home. He also walks with Poole, our indoor cat, who is trained to walk on a leash and harness.

By Leigh from Litchfield County, CT

Comment Like this photo? 12

Morris is a 3 year old kitty cat. He is one of Callie's kittens, and this is my granddaughter, Sunshine, trying to reach him. Morris loves to play outside, and chase all the little critters. He was also checking out Sunshine and her new pool.

An orange cat checking out a small pool with a baby in it.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Houston is an over 1 year old orange tabby. He was my Valentine's present, my husband took me to the local SPCA and I fell in love.

Cat lying on its back, all sprawled out.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

Tigger is a 2 year old domestic cat. My Tigger was born on August 5, 2009. He was born under my bed and was the loudest kitten I have ever heard in my life!

An orange cat sleeping in a crib.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Taz is 14 years young! He is a long haired orange cat. He was a stray that came to live with us when we were between houses living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 adults, 2 kids, one dog, and two cats!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

Petey is 2 1/2 years old. He's an orange tabby. My friend's cat had kittens and she was going to take them to the pound. We weren't really ready for another cat, but I couldn't let this little guy be taken away.

Petey (Orange Tabby)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 18

Garfield was a tabby and is deceased by natural causes. When we went to the vet to have another pet given her shots, the vet had his assistant parade Garfield on the counter knowing that my wife would take him home. That was in 1994.

An orange tabby looking up at a birdcage.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

I came across LD's picture on Craigslist and instantly fell in love! This was in late August. Upon picking him up from his original owner, I discovered the poor guy completely covered in fleas!

Kitten reaching up with left paw.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Joey is an 8 year old long haired orange tabby. We got Joey as a little kitten from a teller at our bank when we lived in New Jersey. Joey loves his ball chaser (the toy where the ball goes round and round and there is a cardboard scratcher in the middle.

Joey showing his white fluffy tummy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 18

I know this little guy doesn't look like the cute, well loved pets we usually see on this site. This little guy showed up at our door before Thanksgiving. We think he's another drop off from someone who didn't want their cat! He was starved and injured.

Lazarus (Orange Tabby Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Fluffalove is a 1-2 year old mixed breed. I got Fluffalove two years ago. Fluffalove likes to eat and loves being petted 24 /7.

Fluffalove

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Tigger is a 3 year old domestic short hair Tabby cat. We got him free from a farm 3 years ago. He likes to stalk me, and swat me and run. He also has toys throughout the house.

Tigger in reading glasses.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

This table used to be nicely decorated with several house plants, grandkids' artwork, and such. Now it is the private domain of the cats. This photo was taken shortly after I installed a couple of bird feeders in the front yard.

Karma and Numi Bird Watching

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Karma is my office assistant. Here he is on a break. Normally, he is head butting my hand while I am trying to mouse, walking across the keyboard adding his own thoughts to the editing, or trying to catch the pointer on the LED.

Karma the office Kitty Taking a Nap

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Keikei is a 10 month old orange cat. He was rescued at about two weeks when we saw someone throw him out of a car window passing by. He was found in some bushes and has turned out to be the most loving of all of my cats.

Cat on piano.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

My son and his cat are practically inseparable and I'm always taking pictures of them. This morning my son woke up and Tigger immediately got in the bed to snuggle. The sun was hitting them just right and I couldn't resist taking this picture!

A boy lying with his orange cat, Tigger.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Mr Peanut is a 6 month old red tabby. We adopted him from our animal shelter. He was reaching out and crying; I call it getting the screaming "meemees". When I talked to him and he calmed down, I had to take him home.

Orange tabby staring at 2 dogs on other side of wire fence

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

These young kitties are the newest addition to our family. They were both adopted this spring from different shelters.

Two cats (one grey and white, one orange tabby) lying together on the sofa

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Cubby is a 14 year old orange tabby cat. My son adopted him for Mother's Day from Pets Unlimited in SC. Cubby is laid back. He sits at the dinner table most nights like a person. He has a little mouse that he plays with and loves cat nip.

Cubby (Orange Tabby)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

I bought Shine from the shelter when he was 8 weeks old. Shine likes to look out of the blinds like a nosey neighbor, play with his favorite stuffed animal and pillow (tackle it) and playfully attack my leg as if he is in the wild when I walk by. He also likes to talk excessively.

Shine (Orange Tabby Shorthair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Packson is a 10 year old Tabby. I adopted him in 2005 at the Nebraska Humane Society.

Photo of a Packson Cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

15 years ago I rescued Jack from a horse barn following his abandonment in the country.

Two cats cuddling on a chair.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Peaches is 2 months old. A family member gave Peaches to us a couple of weeks ago and she's entertained us daily. She favorite things to do are eat, sleep, and play. That's her day.

Orange tabby kitten on purple background.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Tigger is a 3 year old kitty. I've had him since he was born. He likes to play with my son and my other pets. He is the sweetest cat I've ever had and the biggest!

Kitty laying upside down.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I get to see this wonderful interaction every morning. It is so sweet to see how Peanut the cat loves my old, sweet, Banjo. She is such a loving little Chihuahua mix and she is very old. She looks forward to getting these little shows of affection from Peanut.

Peanut the Tabby Cat Loves Banjo with a Hug

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Fry is a two year old Tabby. My son brought him home. He likes to play with his toys. He is very loving and fun to be with we love him very much

Fry in a box.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Tigger is 2-1/2 years old. He is an American Tabby that we adopted from our neighbor. He likes to run after balls and occasionally go in the yard and frolic.

Tigger (American Tabby)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Stuart will be 2 years old in December. He is a semi-long haired, red Tabby. We took in a stray pregnant female cat and ended up keeping Stuart and then finding good homes for the mom and the rest of the kittens.

Closeup of reddish orange tabby.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This is Buddy hanging out on the patio.

Orange tabby cat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Carlos and Crede cuddling. Carlos is 6 months old and Crede is about 3 years old. Carlos is an orange tabby and Crede is a white Siamese.

Lounging cats, tabby has head on Siamese.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Karma is a two year old orange tabby. This is a photo of Karma in February of this year. We had recently gotten him from the Kitsap County Humane Society. I took this photo after his first bath, it was so very relaxing.

Photo of karma, an orange cat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Nails came to us through friends that live in Tennessee. They drove him all the way to Florida. He was about 8 weeks old when we received him.

Orange and white tabby cat sleeping next to dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5
Load More