Storing Curling Irons and Flat Irons

Category Bathroom
Curling Irons and Flat Irons
Hair appliances can become a tangled mess in your bath or bedroom This is a guide about storing curling irons and flat irons.

I came up with the idea to store my hairdryer, curling iron, flat iron, back brush, etc... in an empty wicker basket from the holidays. The wicker basket was originally filled with gourmet food. I've put it on the floor in the corner of my small bathroom, under my corner shelving. Because the hair appliances are heavy, having them in the lovely wicker basket is sturdy and accessible. It also looks like nice, like a trendy hair salon!

I wanted to find a nice place for my extra toilet paper rolls. I took my wire red basket I had, and tied it with ribbons to each side to one of my shelves on my corner shelving. I found that there was enough room between the shelves to hang my wire basket! The extra rolls fit in the basket, and it's a creative way to keep them.

As you can see, I had Fun with these Baskets of Fun! :)

With teen girls in the house, it is a pain to keep curling irons, hair dryer, flat iron, etc tidy. I had an extra clean wastebasket (the small kind) and had an idea. It fits under my sink and I stand all of the above appliances inside. What a help! :)

By Carol from Landisville, PA

A simple way to organize flat irons and curling irons and keep the cords from getting tangled, damaged, or twisted, is to save the plastic bags from your newspaper and store the irons in them individually. Larger Sunday bags can be used for your hair dryer and cord. It saves just a few seconds of frustration in the morning, of course don't try this while iron is still hot. ;-)

By Tina from Springfield, MO

I am interesting in hearing suggestions on how you gals organize your curling irons, flat irons and hair dryers. I am aware they make a holder, but my bathroom is very tiny and space is limited, so do you have any creative solutions for organizing all the appliances and dealing with the cords.

I read how extension cords and the like are wrapped but as a gal, these appliances get used daily, so the whole wrap, unwrap, rewrap, gets a little tedious...ideas anyone? Thank you ever so much!

All from SC

Answers:

Organizing Curling Irons

I use inexpensive yet pretty porcelain vases I bought at Tuesday Morning. I keep my flatiron in a regular-sized vase and my ionic hot air brush in a tall, oversized vase. The vases are tall enough to completely envelop the appliances with just a bit sticking out for me to grab, and the openings are big enough that I can insert the excess cord first, and then the appliance, handle-out. Both stay plugged in all the time; the vases sit on my dressing table, next to the outlet. (03/24/2008)

By chretienne

Organizing Curling Irons

I use only a curling brush, but I put a long nail in the wall and hang the cord over it and let the brush dangle. That way, if you want to, you can leave it plugged in. I don't, but that's your choice. Good luck and God bless you. (03/24/2008)

By tedsmom

Organizing Curling Irons

I have a cloth shoe holder that hangs over the bathroom door. I store curling irons, extra hair care products, just about anything that I don't want laying around. It's out of sight but handy. (03/24/2008)

By duckie43

Organizing Curling Irons

My daughter uses a lot of these items. I have a small tote that she keeps them in under the sink. But before I had room to do that I put cup hooks up under the sink base and hung them on that, most comes with loops. For the cords, don't wind them around the item, take the cord and kinda fold it and put a hair band over it to hold. I hope this helps. (03/24/2008)

By Michele

Organizing Curling Irons

I keep mine in a box in the linen closet - you could keep yours in a box/container - (I have a tin to put the curling iron/flattener in until it cools.) (03/24/2008)

By pamphyila

Organizing Curling Irons

I keep my irons and the hair dryer in my cupboard just outside the bathroom. There is one shelf specifically for these items. I don't roll the cords, I just gather them all up and voila. Out of the way and neat all at the same time. (03/25/2008)

By Karyn01

Organizing Curling Irons

I have one of the over the door organizers with two shelves and two hooks at the bottom(that's on the inside of the door). There are also two hooks on the outside of the door. I keep dryer and hair gels on the shelves and curling irons and ribbons on the hooks. (03/25/2008)

By tennesue

Organizing Curling Irons

I bought about 3 medium size plastic basket's to put under my sink. One has curling brush, dryer and some odds and ends for my hair. The other 2 I use for perfume and hair products so they are not sitting around. And other assorted female things. It works really nice I think. Darlene (03/30/2008)

By Darlene

Organizing Curling Irons

I purchased oven mitts at Dollar Tree and put them inside there. (05/17/2008)

By Keisha

Organizing Curling Irons

I'm going to buy one of those kitchen utensil bars at a IKEA, the rod style that mounts on the wall. They sell decorative tins, bins, vases, and baskets, that have hooks to hang on the rod. I'm planning to use one for my hair dryer, one for my curling iron, and the other for brushes. (07/06/2008)

By BridgetOFlynn