Organizing Purses

Category Miscellaneous
Organizing Purses
Keeping your accessories easy to find and accessible helps you find what you need. This guide is about organizing purses.

Just a quick tip for the ladies. When you are out and about make sure you carry flushable wipes in your pocketbook. You never know when you'll have to "go" and the restroom will have no toilet paper. It's a life saver!

Source: A friend of mine told me about this.

By Brocksmommy from SC

Need a better place to store those purses and bags than under the bed disturbing the dust bunnies, how about using shower hooks on your closet rod? They are sturdy and will hold a pretty heavy bag. You can store smaller purses in the larger ones or summer shoes in large mesh bags. Keeps the dust bunnies happy and the dust off your purses.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

I have a lot of purses and need a way of organizing them without squishing them in a rubbermaid tote. I want to place them upright in some way so I can see each one. Any suggestions?

Kate from Maryland

What about hanging them in an attractive array on your bedroom wall? (or some other room) You could use them for storage of small items that way too.

Hope this helps.

My daughter is the purse queen! We hung hers all on one of her bedroom walls. She loves her wonderful display and never has a problem finding the one she wants. Now all of her friends do this as well. I just did it because she had no other place to put them lol.

I just went to Ross to get organized. I bought two closet hanging organizers. I have boys so no purses there. I hung it in my coat closet and put their ball gloves, hats and mittens, etc. I think it would work great for purses too.

I just watched an episode of "Rooms that Rock"

today and the teenager had lots of purses. They had an old wrought iron gate mounted to the wall and hung the purses by hooks.

It looked really nice.

You could also go to the gardening store and buy a piece of trellis and paint it the same color of the wall and put hooks in it to hang the purses.

As a fellow purse junkie - I am on the search for the perfect handbag and will keep on buying them until I find it - I understand your pain.

I was reading a magazine the other day which did a story on a fancy handbag shop. They had a collection of them hung on a clothes rack using a coathanger for each one. The purse handles were draped over the hook, or if longer, were slotted where shoulder straps go. This obviously takes up heaps of space but stops your bags getting damaged or forgotten in a box under your bed.

Personally, I have a canvas hanging shoe storer and I just put one bag in each compartment.

what about those plastic vertical wall hangers that are made to hold mens ball caps? they each one connect under the next easily visable and reachable. also what about those big wrought iron ceiling things that are used to hang your cooking pots on. they hook to the ceiling with chains and have hooks that lap over the bar shape to hang the items.

Please, try not to buy retail. My first line of defense is Goodwill. I have learned that I have more time than $ so I will shop Goodwill. I pass by for weeks waiting to solve a storage problem, like purses, crafts, drawer organizers and so on.

I bought the most beautiful White Wrought Iron fencing sections there for $12.99 for 2 of them, about 38' wide by 36" tall. They needs a little scraping and coat of new paint!

I buy closet system components, Holiday decorations,

clear plastic shoe boxes, file boxes,

Cardboard Drawers (4 drawers in a case) pretty enough to not just put in my closet for storage, but to actually use in our office at home! $4.99!

Let me tell you about American Adults; at some time in our lives we get job transfers, have to move out of a home and scale down into apartments, move out of town to take care of aging adults (America is aging...or did you know this?), get divorces, bury our husbands, and have to relocate. Better yet.like me, buried my husband and three years later marry a wonderful man and move into his home. My stuff looked cheapo next to his. I have donated my good stuff to Goodwill and bought higher dollar stuff at the Goodwill.

I refuse to pay new retail for things that are at Goodwill all the time!! If the Goodwill does not have it, I shop on Craigslist local, or Ebay and I still beat retail (even with the shipping fees! My new husband is amazed at how I save us money! <wink>

My daughter hangs them along with her pretty duffle bags on hooks attached to her bedroom wall. It really is pretty.

I use metal wreath hangers and hang the wreath hangers on the back of a door and I store the lighter-weight purses on the wreath hanger. The Hanger will hold about for purses a person could use three or four of the retainers and organize their purses, this system has worked for me and I can also obtain things out of the purses that I may have left behind when changing purses