Organizing Stocking Stuffers

Stockings hung by a Fire
Stocking stuffers are often something we shop for year round. This is a guide about organizing stocking stuffers.

Each Christmas, I collect stocking stuffers for my children, my husband and myself. To make sure that the stockings are going to be equally full, I place each person's items in a gallon Ziploc bag, which is just the right size for our stockings. This keeps me organized, as well as, making sure I don't get too much stuff.

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

I keep an empty shoe box in the top of my closet. When I buy stocking stuffers for my daughter, all year long, I just put it in the shoe box. When Christmastime rolls around, I have all the stocking stuffers in one place and don't have to search the house for bags of stuff. I can just open the box at any time and see what's there (if you buy in the summer during sales, you sometimes forget by November or December what you bought). This also works great if you make a shoe box at Christmas to send to children overseas.

By Mel from NC

Each year I hang stockings for everyone in our immediate family (3 daughters, their spouses, and children, as well as my husband and me.) This year there will be 13 stockings! To save lots of time on Christmas Eve, I keep a large storage tub with plastic bags (13 this year) and as I buy stocking stuffers, I place the items in the appropriate bags in the tub. On Christmas Eve, all I do is transfer the items to the stockings. This also helps me make sure I have not short-changed anyone!

By Ann from Dublin, GA