Organizing Toy Cars

To keep those cars and trucks from getting scratched, it helps to keep them separated. This guide is about organizing toy cars.

May 20, 2014 Flag

I remembered seeing somewhere that someone took old drawers and repurposed them into knicknack shelves. Now I have a attractive display shelf for some of my Hot-Wheels die cast cars.

Repurposing Desk Drawers into Display Shelf

November 20, 2004 Flag

My daughter just loves little cars. So instead of stepping on them each and everyday. I saved a bunch of the apple juice containers. Cleaned them out, cut a hole in the front of them and made her some "garages" to park her cars in when she is done playing with them. We have 6 "garages" of parked cars on her play shelf.

By Tracey

What a great idea! My grandson has 100's of hot wheels.That would be a lot of garages, but a few would be neat to have.

January 28, 2009 Flag

First go to any discount store and purchase see through fishing tackle type boxes of various sizes and place your child's toy trains, or hot wheel cars in them. Most of these have removable slots so you can easily customize yours if you are like me and have small trains and larger ones with tenders.

It is so neat and easy for your little one to find and put away and so much cheaper than a train carrying case or cars carrying case. I even drew my son's name on the front of the case and used Thomas stickers on his to personalize it. The trains are put away when he is not playing with them but yet he can easily find which one he wants if you are like me and have way too many trains. They are perfect stackables for shelves or under the bed storage but easy to find when your child wants that favorite car or train!

By Karen from Union, SC

Organizing ToysOctober 22, 2012
A dog standing on a driveway.
Training a Dog Not to Chase Cars
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Race Car Game
Making a Race Car Game
🎉
🎄