Organizing Your Photos

All my current cameras are digital; and that in itself helps them to be organized. When I take a disc to load unto my computer, I put it under "camera, to be organized." When time allows (now or later), I go through and sort all the pictures into folders according to event, person, etc.

This is what I did for my older photos. Over a long period of time, I took pages out of my albums and scanned them into the computer. Dd not remove your photos from albums, as this might destroy and/or scar your photos. Then again, when time allowed, I went through this folder and since each page has multiple pictures, I used a cut and paste program available with the photo program already in my computer, and put them once again in the correct folders. As I "clean up" these sources, I erased the original file in my computer (since now everything would be duplicated!).

It does not happen overnight; these processes took some time, but each time I dedicated some time to work on them, I was filled with my memories and found the time to pass quickly and enjoyably. Also good is that when I got done with, for instance: Alex (my son), I burned a disc and sent it to him. Now he and his wife have copies of all his baby pictures and more as he grew up. A nice way to pass along your family history.

I hope this helps, just take it easy and don't rush.

By Mercedes from Springfield, OH

Organizing Your Photos
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Organized Photos in Box
Organizing Keepsakes and Memorabilia
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
Pile of Unorganized Photos
Organizing Your Photos