Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

Does oven cleaner help remove soap scum?

Becky from Dover, DE

Answers:

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

Yes it works, I used it on my tub. Oobviously clean it with a safer cleaner after wiping off the oven cleaner. My tub is quite old and has no shine left so you may want to try a hidden spot first if yours is a newer tub or sink. I then coat mine with a product called Gel-Gloss that you wipe on and buff off after it dries, which gives it shine and repels soap scum for quite some time, kind of like wax but not as slippery. Good luck... (05/22/2007)

By Barbie

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

I have heard it will but I have never tried it. Be careful you don't get it on aluminum or some metals. It will take the finish off or dull it. Try on a little area first. Be sure you wear a mask and gloves in a well ventilated room. Oven cleaners are toxic. I use Crud Kutter from Lowes and various other places have it. I got some from Sherwin Williams paint store one time. It works super for me. (05/22/2007)

By Rasta

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

The best thing I've ever found for removing soap scum is a squirt of either body wash or shampoo, on a nylon net puff (the kind sold at Walmart for a dollar or so). This tip is from Flylady and it works like a charm, no toxic fumes, rubber gloves required. I guess it works because it's the same soap that's already dried on the walls and tub, and the nylon helps to scrub it off. Within a few short minutes I can do my entire tub walls and tub, and it comes out sparkling clean.

Give it a try, you won't be sorry. (05/22/2007)

By ehughes

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

After trying virtually everything on my 50 year old bathtub that looked AWFUL, I resorted to spray on oven cleaner. I sprayed it liberally, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, wiped it off, sprayed it again, waited and cleaned it again. Then I flushed it really well with clear water. I poured bleach in the bottom of the tub and ran in hot water to clean that and the tub mat. If did a good job, too, and smelled fresh. (05/23/2007)

By Marlene

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
🎉
🎄