Overseas Coupon Program - Sending Coupons to Troops Families

I would like to repost something that has been on ThriftyFun in the past. Sending expired coupons to our troops. This is the link to a great site that explains all about how, what and where to send.

http://www.ocpnet.org/

Please take the time to do this for the men and women who have sacrificed so much that we may all live free.

Barbara from Hoffman, IL

Answers:

Are you sure they use expired coupons? I gave the web site a brief scan and didn't find the expiration date mentioned. (11/24/2006)

By cookwie

Under "How do I participate" you will find:

"The cheapest way to send your coupons is via "Parcel Post." Since this method takes much longer to travel to its destination, please make sure that you send coupons that are no more than two months expired on the date of shipping if you use Parcel Post."

I think they can use them up to 6 months after the expiration date. I know it is time consuming to clip all those coupons; I must confess I've been putting it off. Thanks for the reminder. (11/24/2006)

By hugmehugs

Will they take still in date coupons? (11/27/2006)

By ALINE

I'm sure they will. In fact, even if they haven't expired when you send them, many will probably be expired by the time they get there. I am clipping all the coupons I run across. (11/27/2006)

By hugmehugs

The response to ocpnet has been tremendous. In fact, overwhelming. Please do not send large amounts of coupons to Vicenza, Italy. We receive far more than could be used by many small cities (over 200,000 per month)! Thank you to all who have contributed for your willingness and hard work. Our community does appreciate it. (06/13/2008)

By CAFAP Vicenza

Another website with information is http://www.couponstotroops.com/

Not only is there information on how someone can get started sending coupons as an individual or as a group, but also a project directory of different groups around the country, where you can physically drop off coupons and the groups will mail them out. (06/12/2009)

By sbp

adopt a troop base

How do we adopt a base? (11/02/2009)

By Ramsay/Toy VFW

I have been trying to get a response from OCP. I have filled in adoption request form and have hundreds of clipped coupons ready to go. Does anyone know other organizations I can contact? I really do want to help and sure don't want to see these coupons go to waste. Thanks for your ideas. (01/16/2010)

By Reagan's Grandma

computer printer
Finding Printable Coupons
Coupons
Joining a Coupon Train
Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Valentine's Day Heart
Making Valentine's Day Coupons
🎉
🎄