Overwintering Potted mums

I have three potted mums and was wondering if I can keep them in the pots over the winter? I live in northern Illinois.

By Evaline L.

Answers

You can leave them in the pots but need to bring them inside. Trim down, and put them in a dark place. Better yet plant them in the yard as soon as possible. Trim down and cover with mulch or a big pile of leaves. Mine come back each spring and I think they are better off being planted. I live in Ma. and it gets pretty cold here!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Overwintering Potted Plants
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceOctober 13, 2012
Easter Lilies
Caring for Potted Easter Lilies
A pine tree in a pot.
Overwintering Potted Evergreens
Potted Plant
Protecting Furniture from Potted Plants
Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 7:59:43 PM on 10.0.0.81 in 829 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.