Overwintering Potted mums

I have three potted mums and was wondering if I can keep them in the pots over the winter? I live in northern Illinois.

By Evaline L.

Answers

You can leave them in the pots but need to bring them inside. Trim down, and put them in a dark place. Better yet plant them in the yard as soon as possible. Trim down and cover with mulch or a big pile of leaves. Mine come back each spring and I think they are better off being planted. I live in Ma. and it gets pretty cold here!

Overwintering Potted Plants
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceOctober 13, 2012
Easter Lilies
Caring for Potted Easter Lilies
A pine tree in a pot.
Overwintering Potted Evergreens
Potted Plant
Protecting Furniture from Potted Plants
Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 6:47:44 AM on 10.0.2.215 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.