Owl Wildlife Photos and Information

Category Wildlife
An owl in flight.
These beautiful birds of prey have large heads with binocular vision and do most of their hunting at night. Capturing owl photos during the day can be a challenge. This page contains owl wildlife photos and information.

This is a guide about horned owl photos. Capturing a image of these beautiful birds in the wild is a challenge.

Horned Owl perched on a piece of wood

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

We saw this baby owl in perched in a tree right outside our window in our backyard. It was one of 3 baby owls. My two little boys, 1 and 5 years old, were amazed by them. Luckily, I was able to get close enough to capture a good picture because they only visited one evening, and we haven't seen them since.

By Melissa B.

Comment Like this photo? 23

Photo Description
During the recent school holidays, we visited the SA National Birds of Prey Centre. The centre focuses on the rehabilitation of different types of birds of prey. They use falconry methods to train the birds, and to prepare them to re-enter nature. Unfortunately, only those that are 100% fit will survive in nature, so the centre also plays a big part in education and breeding.

During the visit, this Spotted Eagle Owl would fly from the one trainer to the other. What I found most amazing was the virtual silence with which an owl flies.

At the end, we also had the opportunity to pose for a photo with one of the birds of prey.

Photo Location
SA National Birds of Prey Centre, located at the Kopanong Conference Centre

Comment Like this photo? 12

Photo Description
Early January winter morning in South Western Ontario, I traveled along a country road and spotted this beautiful Snowy Owl in a farmer's field, only about 100 feet from the road. I used my 500mm lens to capture over 150 pictures. A sign of peace and beauty on a windy winter day.

Photo Location
North of Strathroy Ontario, Canada

Photo Source
T Gough

Comment Like this photo? 13

Photo Description
Beautiful female snowy white owl on the shores of Lake Ontario, just east of downtown Toronto. This was a cold Saturday in January.

Photo Location
Thomas Thompson Park, Toronto

Comment Like this photo? 12

This is our baby owl. It was on our road and wouldn't move when I drove by it so my husband brought it to the house. We fed it then put it up in the woods so it's mother could take care of it. We have people around here that would have probably run over the poor thing.

By Penny S. from Ipava, IL

young owl in cage

Comment Like this photo? 1

This was taken from our recent trip to the Hogle Zoo in Utah, I thought it turned out great the way he's looking right at us.

By Stacey

Comment Like this photo? 10

These are burrowing ventriloquist owls. The male is looking a bit to the side and faking a rattlesnake rattle with his ventriloquist act.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

I live near Braddock Bay Rapture Park where these owls stop by for a month during migration season. I was lucky enough to see this little guy this week

Comment Like this photo? 3

We had a visitor in the month of November! A beautiful owl who epitomizes humanity's love-hate relationship with nature. You see, he perched every evening on the roof to wake up, and as all birds do, had to do his business. Luckily it never hit the car!

Before Winter Settled In - owl on roof peak

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1