Packing Peanuts For House Plants

Looking for uses for packing peanuts? Use them to create a drainage layer in the bottom of your planter. This is wonderful for large planters because it helps keep them lighter when you need to move them. Make sure to use styrofoam peanuts. Biodegradable peanuts are great, but they will not work as a drainage layer since they will decompose.

Packing Peanuts For House Plants

Is it true that biodegradable packing peanuts make a good fertilizer, (organic?)

Diane

Packing Peanuts For House Plants

Although I cannot vouch for this myself, I have read somewhere on the web that one can identify biodegradable "packing peanuts" by their green color. Non-biodegradable "peanuts" are, supposedly, white.

Ralph

Packing Peanuts For House Plants

Way back in the 70's I used the the packing peanuts in pots that hung in the neat macrame pot hangers, to keep them from being too heavy. I also put them in the kid's beanbag chairs. The bags seemed to go flat after a while, and that add some more puff to them. Broken up styrofoam packing can be used in both planter and beanbags!! Worked well for us and it was cheap!!

Post by trashcrafter

Packing Peanuts For House Plants

This is a great idea that I've used several years now. I did find that if you pack the "peanuts" in an old pantyhose leg, it saves picking out all those "peanuts" when you repot or empty pots in the fall.

Julia

Pink and White Packing Peanuts
Uses for Packing Peanuts
Packing Materials
Reusing Packing Materials
Air Filled Packing Bag
Uses for Air Filled Packing Bags
Young Couple Packing for A Move
Packing for a Move
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🎉
🎄