Paint Color Advice

I need advice on two other rooms in my house. In the living room, I have a red couch and a fireplace that has red brick and a beige mantle. I just painted the ceiling white and the trim is white. Any suggestions on wall color and window treatments? The kitchen has dark brown cabinets. I need color ideas for the walls and floor. Thanks.

Ana from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Paint Color Advice

Depends on how bold you want to go. Orange shade walls, and bright white, or yellow curtains would make a statement. Or go neutral and choose a camel brown. Kitchens often revolve around collections. Do you collect anything? I do grapes; so I went a slate color on the floor, and a muted sage green on the walls. Looked good with my oak finish cabinets. For dark cabinets it would depend greatly on the tint to the finish. Dark as in charcoal, go cool colors; dark as in cherry wood, go neutrals. (03/17/2009)

By Dedeswrkshop

Paint Color Advice
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎉
🎄