Paint Color Advice

What color is best to paint my kitchen if I have lighter oak cabinets and stainless steel appliances?

Brad from Minneapolis, MN

Paint Color Advice

Try light grey on the walls and then put up a curtain over the sliding glass doors of a darker grey, and maybe some sparkling beads strung and hung as sheers. (02/05/2009)

By candy

Paint Color Advice

Decide on what color makes you smile. And the direction of the patio door, is it east? West? Leave the white and add to it. The floor with the grey hue can be blue with colored accents in the room. I have a bathroom that is all white and the grey tile with certain curtains/towels make it blue smoke.

Personally, I am a citrus color person in the kitchen. You cook, you spend time doing dishes, etc. you don't want to hate being in there. So a pale green, orange or yellow with curtain over the sink--try a valance only at the top--same color you choose in paint. Since it is a smaller, closed area kitchen you don't want the window light closed off with a longer curtain.

The light will bounce off the white, I see you have small lights rather than long tubular. So make use of the light you can get. As you can tell, I like wide open spaces visually, the more light the better. I am west central MN, you are metro--our loss of light many months of the year makes us look for brighter rooms. (02/05/2009)

By T&T Grandma

Paint Color Advice

Pick some colors you like, bring the chips home and hold them up to the furniture and cabinets. Some colors look great on their own but beside the wood they look horrible. Lots of colors sound good in the store but make sure they look good on the walls. (02/06/2009)

By Tonia

Paint Color Advice
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice