Paint Color Advice

Paint Color Advice

I need ideas for painting. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much.

By kenocyndy from FL

Answers:

Paint Color Advice

I went to a store that sells Pittsburgh paints and found a folder there with colors that match and blend well. I choose a pale sage green, because I was only going to paint a couple of walls (ceilings too high for me to tackle) and left the others the original color. You could try looking at something like that in any paint store or paint department of Home Depot or Lowe's.

Since your area is open and each room is going to show from the last one the colors all need to blend and match. I favor light colors, because I happen to like lots of light and light colors make things look bigger. (05/07/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Paint Color Advice

With the brown cupboards, a soft blue would be perfect. Good luck. (05/14/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Paint Color Advice

My first choice would be a shade of tan or beige that "goes with" the flooring and kitchen cabinets. Hold some paint swatches next to the floor and the cabinets and you will know which to use. I would not use a dark shade. Choose one shade lighter than the one you think is best. (Go up one on the paint strip.) Paint looks darker on the wall than it does on the paint strip.

To me, your rooms look dark. Bright light it streaming through the window, but it has little effect on the inside. Try to make your rooms lighter and more cheerful.

Good luck (05/15/2009)

By Carol in PA

Paint Color Advice

My kitchen is yellow because I like the brightness of it. Borders line the top of the walls with a garden/food design on it. How about putting plants like herbs on the window with a half curtain and putting what ever you like on the walls to go with your theme. Try something like apples, roasters, mine is food. Good luck and enjoy what you like. (05/15/2009)

By dietvanilla

Paint Color Advice
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎉
🎄