Paint Color Advice for Kitchen and Adjoining Family Room

I am looking for paint color advice for my kitchen and family room. The two rooms run together. I have black appliances, medium oak cabinets, and white tile counters. The family room has sage green couches. And both rooms have medium light wood floors and lots of windows. Currently the kitchen has a light gray wallpaper, which I will be removing.

By Claudine from Fairfield, CA

Answers:

An off white or light green will go with almost anything, good luck. (06/02/2010)

By kffrmw88

I would look at doing a beige that has a deeper, but not dark tone. We did ours using Windsor beige by Benjamin Moore. Then painted our woodwork and trim in a white semi-gloss. That will tie in your white counter tops. It would look nice with your sage colored furniture. By using a paint color that is just a bit darker than a beige, you will add some subtle contrast. (06/04/2010)

By Amy3e

Could you get by with a couple different shades of olive? Or maybe olive in the kitchen and taupe in the family room? Good luck:) (06/04/2010)

By yoder178

One color should be made the dominate color. With the cabinets and floor nearly the same, there is still black, white, and sage green. I agree with Amy3e on the use of darker beige, but am not sure about using white. That would be a good accent as pillows, picture mats, etc. Black and white photos, and narrow black frames with white matting might work. That leaves the sage green to be used somehow in the kitchen. This is a matter of balance, one main color, two colors equals one half or less that the main color and fourth color as an accent. This should be run though with curtains, rugs, and floor pillows, just no more colors. (06/05/2010)

By Chloelizabeth

Paint color swatches.
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen and an Adjoining Room
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎉
🎄