Paint Color Advice for Kitchen with Oak Cabinets and Floors and White Appliances

I have honey oak cabinets with black rustic hardware and white appliances. Our kitchen is painted a light cream with a yellow undertone. We would like to paint it a color to bring out the dark in the oak instead of hightlighting the honey/orange tone.

Our kitchen small and open to the main living area which is an olive green. We have hardwood oak flooring all throughout both rooms. Any suggestions? We are looking at a tan color possibly. The picture shows the living area wall on left.

By Carla D.

Try a color opposite on the color wheel of the honey-orange. This will be something in the blue family, but you also need a color that will not clash with the olive green. I could suggest get some paint chips, tape them up and look at them for a couple of days. If you want the room to look larger, it and the family living area should be similar, a tint or shade or tone of the same color. Have you considered painted stripes? The oak floor ties the rooms together. This is a real challenge.

I have the same colors you do in my kitchen. I painted all the walls a light lavender and I love it. Just a thought. :)

If it was me, I would paint the cream a dark dark green.

I definitely wouldn't go for anything too dark considering the colors of the cabinets, counter tops and flooring. The following colors are Behr Paints from Home Depot, they have paint and primer in one. You can buy sample bottles of all Behr paints to try out.

From your picture, these are my suggestions-

The sand motif isn't quite as orangish looking in person, I have it on all my walls in my home.

Would love to see what it looks like after you paint. Please post an after picture. :)

Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Oak Cabinets and Floors
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJune 6, 2011
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets